After hours of testing and research, we’ve found that the best car seat to use in a Jeep Wrangler is a Graco car seat. especially Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit or the Graco Grows4Me models. The Extend2Fit model is a bit more expensive but has a greater amount of features which we’ll describe below. Both of these seats are compatible with and fit well in a Jeep Wrangler and are safe, convenient, and comfortable for your child.
If you have a young child and you own (or are looking to buy) a Jeep Wrangler, you need to be sure that you make a smart, and safety-first, car seat purchase.
This guide will help you do just that.
In this CarSeatsMom.com buyers guide, we’ll help you understand what to look for in a car seat for a Jeep Wrangler, as well as what car seats are most compatible. After all, keeping your child safe is always a parent’s top priority while driving.
What We Liked:
What We Liked:
What We Didn't Like:
What We Didn't Like:
- It's great for tall kids
- The design is flexible, durable, washable and a good buy for the money
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System headrest
- 2 integrated cup holders
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered
- The legs are a bit tight
- Super durable
- Can be a high back or backless booster
- Installs via LATCH or seatbelt
- Great buy for the price
- Easy to install
- Two different color options
- Cupholder isn’t removable
- Shoulder straps twist easily
Making your Jeep Wrangler into a family car has never been easier with these compatible car seats. Keep reading to learn more about these car seats, how to install them, how much they cost, and about other good car seats for the Jeep Wrangler.
Best Car Seats For Jeep Wrangler
$399.99$289.00Buy Now On Amazon
- 4-in-1 seat grows with your child, providing 10 years of use from 4-120 pounds
- Extend2Fit 4-position extension panel offers 5" additional legroom
- Rear-facing position accommodates up to 50 pounds for longer use
- Plush inserts keep your child comfortable and the seat cover is washable
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows for one-hand, 10-position adjustable headrest and harness adjustment
- In Right LATCH system for easy, one-second attachment and integrated belt lock-off for easy seat belt installation
- The easy-to-read level indicator helps eliminate installation guesswork
- 2 integrated cup holders and harness storage compartment in belt-positioning booster mode
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered provides rigorous crash testing for frontal, side, rear, and rollover crashes as well as extreme temperatures.
We earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.12/04/2023 03:53 am GMT
Check Price on AmazonWhat We Liked:
- 4 in 1 car seat gives you 10 years of use: seamlessly transforms from rear facing harness car seat (4 40 pounds), to forward facing harness car seat (22 65 pounds), to high back belt positioning booster (40 100 pounds), to backless belt positioning booster (40 120 pounds)
- Graco protect Plus engineered helps to protect Your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes
- Simply safe adjust harness system adjusts the height of your harness and headrest to 10 positions in one motion to ensure that Your child is always properly secured.Do not use bleach
What We Didn't Like:
- Lasts ten years
- Six different recline angles
- Ten different harness heights
- Easy to clean
- Accommodates a higher weight limit than other seats
- ProtectPlus engineered
- The adjustment strap is short
- Fabric wears easily
We earn a commission if you click this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Why Is A Car Seat So Important For a Jeep Wrangler?
Because the Jeep Wrangler can be driven without a roof or doors, any crash you get in could be more severe than it would be in a different car.
This could also result in objects on the road being blown into the open sides of the car – A car seat with side guards, like Graco car seats, can protect a child from being hit. Additionally, it has a higher tendency to flip or roll over than a typical SUV does.
These factors make a reliable car seat incredibly important if you want to make the Wrangler into a safe family car.
Who Needs A Car Seat?
It’s important to determine if your child needs a car seat. It is illegal to not have your child who needs a car seat in one. All kids must be in a car seat until they are either 8 years old, or they weigh at least 65 pounds.
Since your child will be in a car seat for a long time, it’s important to have one that is of high quality so that you do not need to constantly replace it.
How Safe Are These Graco Car Seat Models?
Graco car seats are some of the safest on the market, and the 4Ever Extend2Fit and Grows4Me models are no exception. These models have been put through rigorous crash tests and passed them all.
You can be sure that it will protect your child in the event of any type of crash or collision, including frontal, side, rear, and rollover crashes.
Additionally, both models have all of the critical safety features offered by Gracco. These are:
- An Anti-Rebound Bar: This limits the rotation of the child, even if there is an impact event
- TrueSheild Technology: This protects your child’s entire side, from their head to their hip. This helps to prevent them from suffering an injury to their side if there your vehicle is struck on its side
- Safety Surround Technology: This provides head protection for your child. It involves additional head support in the headrest in order to protect the head at every stage of development.
- Extreme Temperature Resilience: Because extreme hot and cold temperatures can occur in cars, and they can make materials more brittle, Graco ensures that these car seats can withstand intense heat and freezes so that your child is protected, even in extreme environments
Graco car seats are held to high safety standards and pass crash tests that are nearly twice as intense as federal standards so that you can feel confident your child will be safe in your Jeep Wrangler.
The Three C’s: Convenience, Comfort, and Cost
After safety, three of the most important things to look for in a car seat are your convenience in installing, moving, and using the car seat, your child’s comfort in it, and how much it will cost.
Since you’ll need to use a car seat on a daily basis for a long time, you want to make sure that it will actually work for you. Read on to learn more details about these factors, including how to install and easily incorporate the car seat into your and your child’s life.
How Convenient are Graco Car Seats?
While the Extend2Fit is a bit easier to install than the Grows4Me model, both are relatively simple to install in your Wrangler. Both models work extremely well with a Jeep Wrangler and are long-lasting and adjustable, allowing them to work for children of all ages.
The Extend2Fit model is easier to install than the Grows4Me model, however, the Grows4Me model is easier to clean. Depending on what is more important to you, this is a factor that can help you decide which seat is right for you.
How to Install Graco Car Seats in a Jeep Wrangler?
Both seats have a relatively similar installation process. However, the Grows4Me seat comes with latches, allowing you to simply clip them to the anchors, making it much easier to install. Below is a brief overview of how to install them in your Jeep Wrangler:
- Place the car seat in the back seat of the car, in the middle seat position
- Attach it to the 2P (right) and 2D (left) lower anchors
- Attach it to the outboard lower anchor
The Jeep Wrangler has latch anchors, making installation easier than some other cars: As long as you latch/clip the car seat’s latches to the car’s latches, you will be set!
Use the installation manual that comes with the car seat for diagrams. Additionally, many car dealerships will perform a free safety check to ensure you have installed the seat correctly.
How Long Will These Seats Last?
Graco car seats are very durable and sturdy – They are made to withstand both extreme weather and crash conditions. Furthermore, they can accommodate a wide range of heights, weights, and sizes of children.
The Extend2Fit model has four different configurations. Depending on the one you set it to, it can accommodate children anywhere from 4 pounds to 120 pounds.
The Grows4Me model can accommodate children from 5 pounds to 110 pounds. They both have very high rear-facing weight capacities compared to other car seats, up to 50 pounds.
Because both models also have different reclining and height options, they have the ability to last for the entire time your child needs a car seat, meaning that you won’t have to keep buying new car seats.
How Adjustable Are These Car Seats?
Both of these Graco models are extremely adjustable.
These are the different adjustment and position options for the Extend2Fit model:
- Adjustable harness and headrest
- 4 different configurations:
- The ability to adjust for up to five extra inches of legroom in the rear-facing position
These are the adjustment and position options for the Grows4Me model:
- 10 different harness and headrest position options
- 6 different reclining positions
- 4 different configurations:
The highly adjustable nature of the seats allows them to last for a long time and accommodate a wide range of children.
Are These Car Seats Comfortable For Your Young Children?
As parents, you know that if your kid doesn’t like the way something feels, they’re not going to want to sit in it, and it’s going to result in a lot of arguments.
You also want to know that your child is going to be happy when you drive somewhere so that they’re in a good mood when you get where you’re going.
Because of this, you want to make sure the car seat you buy is comfortable. Luckily, the adjustable nature of the harnesses, headrests, and reclining positions allows you to set the seat to the position best suited for your kid.
However, something to keep in mind is that some buyers report that the Extend2Fit model’s lap belt can be harder to adjust and occasionally be a bit too tight. This issue can usually be remedied by changing one of the seat’s positional options, and the Grows4Me model does not have this issue.
How Much Do the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit and Grows4Me Car Seats Cost?
The price of the Extend2Fit model tends to run at least 25% above the Grows4Me model. The price difference is primarily due to the Extend2Fit model’s slightly greater amount of features and slightly higher weight capacity.
How Reliable Is the Graco Brand?
The Graco brand has been found to be incredibly reliable: It is one of, if not the most, reliable car seat brands on the market. It meets and exceeds all safety and durability tests.
All of their car seats will last up to ten years, as long as you take a small degree of the basic care of them. These seats have steel-reinforced frames covered in EPS foam, ensuring energy-absorbing impact management.
What Other Car Seats Are Good For the Jeep Wrangler?
Another car seat that works well in the Jeep Wrangler is the Chicco Keyfit 30. This car seat is easy to install in the Jeep Wrangler, can hold heavy infants with no additional inserts, has an easily adjustable foot indicator and 5-point harness, and has a smooth underside to protect the Wrangler seats.
However, it is not very resistant to hot temperatures and can get hot easily, which can cause toddlers to sweat.
The best car seats for a Jeep Wrangler are the Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit or the Graco Grows4Me car seat models. Both fit easily into the Wrangler, are very adjustable, have a high weight tolerance, and can accommodate children for the entire time they will need a car seat.
The Grows4Me model is less expensive and easier to install, but can hold slightly less weight. The Extend2Fit model is more expensive and can have some lap belt issues for toddlers, but can hold more weight and has more features.