I love a stroller that does what it’s supposed to without giving me an issue. I tested the Uppababy G Luxe Stroller and am happy to say that it did its job quite well.
I loved how easy this stroller was to maneuver around tight spaces and different terrain. I could take it just about anywhere and no matter where it was, the stroller was smooth. I want to thank the 4-wheel suspension for that. Since it’s so lightweight, around 16-pounds, it was simple for me to fold and put away.
I appreciated the parent cup holder, especially while I was shopping. I kept my coffee in it and it stayed in place. I spilled a little of it and all I had to do was remove the cupholder to wash it out. My child spilled some of their drink on the fabric, but since it’s stain and liquid-resistant, I was able to spot clean it without an issue.
My only complaint is that there are no car seats compatible with this stroller. If my child is sleeping, I would either have to wake them up to put them in the stroller or carry them around the car seat. I wasn’t a fan of that.
Overall, I do recommend this stroller if you’re looking for something simple and stylish. It’s a little overpriced for my liking, but the features make up for some of it.
In this detailed review, we will look at the top features, specs, what parents liked, and didn’t Like about it.
- Why We Recommend It
- The Specs
- Top Features
- 2018 UPPAbaby G-Luxe Stroller - Jordan (Charcoal/Silver)
- Other Great Features
- Colors and Models
- Uppababy G Luxe vs. Minu Stroller
- How to Fold and Unfold the Uppababy G Luxe Stroller?
- Matching Accessories
- 1.UPPAbaby Knit Blanket
- 2.UPPAbaby 2018 G-Series Rain Shield
- Frequently Asked Questions
- A Smooth Ride in The State of the Art Stroller
Why We Recommend It
The Uppababy G Luxe Stroller is crafted from a state-of-the-art, ultra-light, super-strong aluminum frame (source). It construction provides the backbone for the many features that this stroller has to offer, including 4-wheel suspension, a UPF 50+ sunshade, one-hand fold capability, and more.
With its quick collapsibility, easy-carry handle, and space-efficiency, the Uppababy G Luxe is perfect for parents running some quick errands, and for travel.
- 16.3 pounds (ultra-lightweight)
- Suitable for 3 months to 55 pounds. With babies as young as 3 months, it is advised to use full recline
- Unfolded dimensions: 28.7″L x 18.7″W x 43″H
- Folded dimensions: 19.2″L x 12″W x 41.8″H
1. 4-Wheel Suspension.
To absorb shocks, this stroller boasts suspension in all four wheels. This helps to create a ride for your baby that is incomparably smooth.
2. Extendable UPF 50+ Sunshade.
The G Luxe boasts a UPF 50+ sunshade that is extendable, to protect your baby’s delicate skin.
3. One-hand Recline.
This stroller has a super-convenient one-hand recline. You can operate this with the press of a simple button on the back.
4. 3 Recline Options
The Uppababy G Luxe has 3 recline options, for whether your little one wants to sleep or enjoy the view.
5. Ultra Lightweight.
The Uppababy G Luxe is crafted from an ultra-lightweight aluminum frame. The result? A durable stroller that weighs only 16 pounds in total.
6. Adjustable Footrest.
This stroller also has an adjustable footrest, which can be positioned alongside the recline.
7. Hand-level Fold Triggers.
To fold this stroller, you only need your hands. You can accomplish this through the use of two super convenient hand-level triggers. Once they are triggered, you can freely fold from there.
8. One-step Brake.
For waits at the Subway or navigating curbs, this stroller has a handy, quick, one-step brake.
2018 UPPAbaby G-Luxe Stroller - Jordan (Charcoal/Silver)
5 used from $187.96
Other Great Features
1. Removable Parent Cupholder.
Pushing a stroller can be exercise (albeit pleasant exercise). The Uppababy G Luxe includes a removable cupholder for parents, so when you are thirsty your drink is readily available.
2. Spacious Basket.
Uppababy G Luxe models from 2018-onwards have extra basket space. They can hold up to 10 pounds.
3. Liquid and Stain-Resistant Fabric.
This stroller has high-quality liquid and stain-resistant fabric. This can be spot-cleaned as needed and will repel grime.
Once the G Luxe is folded and standing, it will stay that way. This makes it easy to store off to the side, in the coat closet, etc.
5. Carry Stap.
Weighing only 16 pounds, this stroller can be carried around with relative ease. The stroller includes a handy carry strap for added convenience.
Colors and Models
The Uppababy G Luxe has a stylish signature look. The stroller comes in 3 color options: Aidan, which is a cute-looking denim design; Jake, which is a striking solid black design; and Jordan, which has a lovely charcoal melange hue. The Uppababy G Lux Double -an Uppababy double stroller- is also available for twins.
Uppababy G Luxe vs. Minu Stroller
- Both 3 months to 55 pounds
- Both lightweight, at 14 (Minu) and 16 (G Luxe) pounds, respectively
- Both come with a carry strap
- Both are umbrella strollers and have canopies
- The Minu is compatible with 4 car seat brands; the G Luxe is not car seat compatible
- The Minu has a larger storage basket (20-pound capacity compared to 10-pound capacity)
- The G Luxe has a footrest which is adjustable, unlike the Minu
- The G Luxe is more plush and comfortable than the Minu
- The G Luxe is available with several premium accessories; the Minu has less available
Summary: Uppababy Minu stroller wins out as far as storage space and compatibility, but the G Luxe still has more to offer overall.
How to Fold and Unfold the Uppababy G Luxe Stroller?
- Engage the gray button plastic collar, which is found below the right handle.
- Simultaneously use your middle fingers to pull the grey triggers towards you, which will release the lock.
- From here, all you need to do is pull the front wheels up towards the handlebar, and into a standing position. You should hear the latch lock.
- Tilt the Uppababy G Luxe stroller back on its rear wheels.
- Unhook the latch found on the left side of the stroller. This will cause the wheels to fall forward, which you must allow.
- With a bit of elbow grease, pull up on the handlebars.
- At the same time, rest your foot on the foot pedal. To ensure that the stroller remains in the locked position, rectangular silver tabs should pop out of the lower frame.
The Uppababy G Luxe Stroller comes with a 2-year warranty. Or, you can choose a 3-year extended warranty upgrade.
The Uppababy G Luxe Stroller is crafted from high-quality, liquid, and stain-resistant fabrics. For spot-cleaning, this fabric, and the cushion, are removable. Advisable is to swab the wheels clean frequently to keep them running like new.
Uppababy Knit Blanket is light yet warm and can be used for swaddling your newborn. This super-soft, warm blanket comes in a plaid design and is available in blue, grey, and pink. This blanket is made of knit blend and it provides soft comfort to the touch.
It’s important to note that this rain shield only fits the 2018 G Luxe and G Lite Models of Uppababy. The G-Series Rain Shield fits the whole stroller, and it’s very well made like all Uppababy products are.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Uppababy G Luxe Recline?
Yes, the Uppababy G Luxe has three options for recline. These can be activated with a simple button on the back.
How Do You Use Uppababy G Luxe?
Engage the gray button plastic collar found below the right handle. Simultaneously use your middle fingers to pull the grey triggers towards you, which will release the lock. Pull the front wheels up towards the handlebar, and into a standing position. Listen for the latch to once more lock.
How Do I Wash My Uppababy G Luxe Car Seat?
The Uppababy G Luxe Stroller can be spot-cleaned, with care. To make them easier to clean, the fabric and the cushion are both removable.
How Do I Close My G Luxe Stroller?
To close the Uppababy G Luxe Stroller, tilt it back on its rear wheels. Unhook the latch found on the left side of the stroller. Allow the wheels to fall. Pull up on the handlebars while resting your foot on the foot pedal. To indicate a sure lock, rectangular silver tabs will pop out of the lower frame.
A Smooth Ride in The State of the Art Stroller
The chic look, for one. Next, we are all about the 4-wheel suspension, for a shock-free, smooth ride. Large strollers can prove bulky and get in the way. A lightweight, compact stroller like the G Luxe is a real lifesaver when it comes to navigation and convenience.
The UPF 50+ extendable sunshade is another plus; or, for drizzly days, the rain shield accessory is available. Basically, the G Luxe is flexible and packed with features. Using this state-of-the-art stroller is a breeze.