The Chicco Viaro travel system is convenient, comfortable, and ultra-portable. It makes a great travel set for anyone with an infant or toddler.
The combination of all the necessities associated with travel, a stroller, car seat, and base, is a great option for on-the-go parents. Travel systems help to simplify the transition from car to stroller.
The Chicco Viaro Stroller, KeyFit 30 Car Seat, and KeyFit Base
The Chicco Viaro stroller is a lightweight and easily maneuverable stroller. The front-wheel swivels so that you can effortlessly traverse through the tightest of spaces.
The aluminum frame keeps this stroller light and is even equipped with a one-hand folding system.
Though it is not bulky, it still provides plenty of comfort features. This includes both a parent tray and child tray each with two cup holders, a retractable canopy, and a multi-recline seat.
Parents will enjoy the padded handle, the effortless rear braking system, and the free-standing fold option. You can take all of your belongings with you thanks to the large storage basket that can be accessed from either the front or back.
Toddlers and young children are kept safe and snug in the child seat that can accommodate up to fifty pounds. Infants can stroll too, thanks to the click-in stroller attachment that works with all Chicco KeyFit and Fit2 car seats.
Chicco KeyFit 30 Car Seat
The travel system includes the Chicco KeyFit 30 car seat, which is easily one of their most popular seats.
The KeyFit 30 is a rear-facing only infant seat that can be used by infants weighing anywhere from four pounds to thirty pounds.
The seat, like the stroller, has some great comfort features. These include a collapsible canopy, a plush removable head and body support pillow, and smooth comfortable fabrics.
The energy-absorbing foam and five-point harness help to keep your little one completely safe.
Installation is exceptionally easy. The KeyFit Base is outfitted with a leveling foot, bubble level indicators, SuperCinch latch tightener, and LATCH connectors.
All of these components help you to achieve a snug and safe attachment each time with little hassle. Additionally, you can feel comfortable installing with your vehicle’s seat belt as well.
The base includes clearly marked belt paths and integrated seat belt lock-offs.
- The system includes the Viaro stroller, KeyFit 30 car seat, and base. They all feature a click-in attachment for simple transitions.
- The stroller is lightweight and easy to transport. It has many comfort features for both parents and occupants.
- The KeyFit 30 is exceptionally safe and keeps infants rear-facing up to thirty pounds.
- The #1-rated infant car seat in America!
- Easiest to install with Recline Sure levelling foot, Ride Right bubble levels, and Super Cinch LATCH...
- Designed for travel system use with compatible Chicco strollers (sold separately)
Car Seat: accommodates children weighing 4-30lbs and 30” or less
Stroller: accommodates children weighing 50lbs or less
- The shell includes energy-absorbing foam for superior impact protection
- Washable car seat shell
- SuperCinch automatic latch tightener
- Two-position padded carrying handle
- Comes in four different color schemes
- Free-standing fold capable
- Child seat offers one-handed infinite recline
- When the canopy is used in conjunction with the car seat canopy the infant receives full coverage
- The stroller rear wheels can lock independently of one another
- Seat weight: 9.6lbs without base, 16.6lbs with base
- Seat height: 24”
- Seat length: 27.5”
- Listed seat width: 17”
- Length: 38”
- Width: 25.5”
- Height: 41.25”
- Weight: 18lbs
- All travel system components easily click together
- Multiple features on the car seat and base make installation effortless
- The stroller is light and ultra-maneuverable
- The stroller has some great comfort features but is missing a few that can be found with other major brands such as an adjustable leg rest and canopy peek-a-boo window
- The car seat is rear-facing only
Expiration & Warranty
The Chicco KeyFit 30 car seat can be used up to six years after the date of manufacture. This date can be found on your car seat’s information label.
- Includes the #1-rated Chicco KeyFit 30 Infant Car Seat
- Lightweight aluminum frame and sleek 3-wheel design
- One-hand, free-standing fold
The Chicco Viaro stroller does not have a listed date of expiration.
Chicco provides warranties of varying lengths for their products. The KeyFit 30 has a limited one-year warranty that begins on the date of purchase.
If you have warranty issues or concerns with your Chicco product, the company asks that you contact them with photos and proof of purchase.
Chicco Viaro Travel System vs. Chicco Bravo Travel System
The strollers have many of the same features, such as a canopy, reclinable child seat, and click-connect attachment.
However, the Viaro travel system is of a sporty design while the Bravo caters to comfort and convenience.
The Bravo offers additional features like an adjustable handlebar and a conversion option to a frame stroller, but it has four wheels and is heavier.
On the other hand, the Viaro’s three-wheel design and light weight make it perfect for parents on the go.
- Both strollers have foam wheels
- Both accommodate Chicco KeyFit infant car seats
- Both strollers have large storage basket with front or rear entry
- Both strollers have a one-handed fold
- Bravo stroller has four wheels
- Bravo stroller has an adjustable handlebar
- The Bravo stroller child seat is removable so it can act as a frame stroller to accommodate an infant car seat
- The Viaro has infinite recline while the Bravo only has a three-position recline
- The Viaro features two separate rear brakes while the Bravo’s brakes are linked
- The Viaro is lighter
- The Bravo stroller does not have a snack tray
- The Chicco Bravo Trio System Includes Bravo Stroller, Key Fit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base ; Front...
- Stroller features removable seat for easy transformation into a stylish frame carrier for the Key...
- Stroller features one-hand fold, auto-positioning wheels?and a self-standing compact folded position
Chicco Viaro Travel System vs. Britax B-Agile Travel System
The Britax B-Agile is more on par with the Chicco Viaro’s sporty design. The Britax B-Agile travel system includes the B-Agile stroller and the Britax B-Safe 35 car seat and base.
The B-safe 35 is a rear-facing seat that accommodates infants up to 35 pounds. Though it does not have many of the guided installation features of the Chicco, it is exceptionally safe.
The B-Agile stroller has a three-wheel design and is lightweight. It does not include a child or parent tray but has a storage basket. Each of these systems has its unique advantages and disadvantages.
- Both have quick-connect attachments
- Both strollers have an extendable canopy though the B-Agiles is bigger
- Both stroller child seats feature infinite recline
- Both strollers have a three-wheel design
- Identical stroller weight of 18lbs
- Both strollers offer one-handed fold
- Both car seats have energy-absorbing foam, a canopy, and removable infant inserts
- The B-Safe 35 car seat accommodates infants up to 35 pounds
- The B-Agile stroller has a linked braking system
- The B-Agile does not come with a parent or child tray
- The B-Agile’s front wheel can be locked
- The Viaro features a free-standing fold
- Check out our all new B Lively and B Safe 35 Travel System
- Travel System includes B Safe 35 Infant Car Seat and base, B Agile Stroller, and car seat adapters
- Surrounded in safety: Car seat has a layer of side impact protection, steel frame, and impact...
The Viaro stroller is compatible with any Chicco KeyFit or KeyFit 2 infant seats. The car seat base is only compatible with the Chicco KeyFit 30.
The Chicco KeyFit 30 is one of the most well-liked infant car seats in the US. Parents rate it highly for its ease of use and safety features.
Though it doesn’t have many luxury comfort aspects, it is a very user-friendly car seat and base combination.
The Viaro stroller is relatively well-liked by parents who use it for everyday activities. The three-wheel design makes it very maneuverable, but the foam tires are suited only to flat terrain.
Parents appreciate the child and parent trays with cup holders. However, they dislike the fact that the child seat cannot recline completely flat and does not feature an adjustable leg rest.
- Smooth underside on base to protect vehicle seats
- The car seat is highly rated for safety
- The stroller is very lightweight
- Stroller canopy does not have a peek-a-boo window
- Stroller tires are foam, not rubber
- Stroller seat does not recline flat
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Chicco Viaro a Jogging Stroller?
Though it features a three-wheel design and suspension, the Chicco Viaro is not considered a jogging stroller.
Does Chicco Viaro Recline?
The Chicco Viaro stroller features one-hand infinite recline, though it does not recline completely flat.
How Much Does Chicco Viaro Stroller Weigh?
The Chicco Viaro stroller weighs just 18lbs.
A Great System for Everyday Travel
The Chicco travel system is the perfect blend of convenience and comfort. It is not conducive to jogging but the sleek design makes it ultra-maneuverable.
It has enough features to keep you and your child comfortable, like a parent and child tray, while still being lightweight.
The KeyFit 30 car seat is highly acclaimed and the user-friendly base makes the carrier extremely simple to install.
The click-connect attachment feature allows all three travel system components to work together seamlessly.
Last update on 2020-02-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API