The Primo Viaggio 4-35 car seat, and its Nido version are designed with safety in mind. This includes the comfort of your infant.
At that stage of life, it’s important that the body has support where it needs it, so special attention has been paid in the PPPV 4-35’s interior to cushions for the head and shoulders.
With over 70 years of experience helping kids and people get around, the Perego family started making carriages and strollers in 1949.
Their focus is on family-friendly products that include a sense of style and trendy designs. They seek to innovate their products constantly, evolving them to be the most convenient and best looking on the market.
Designed in Italy
Every Peg-Perego product is designed in Italy and quality tested to ensure safety. The company also highly values design and attractiveness in their baby products.
They make a special point of producing all elements of the seats, from the stitching to the bending of metal bars. This includes all quality control testing, which is done on-site at the factory.
All Peg-Perego infant seats are intended for infants weighing at least 4 pound and approved for babies who weigh up to 35 pounds. Children using these seats should be shorter than 32 inches.
The Primo Viaggio Nido is the newest infant car seat from Peg-Perego, and replaced the PPPV Sip 30/30. This earlier car seat was discontinued by the manufacturer.
The Primo Viaggio 4-35 models also include two stages of cushions. These can be removed as your child grows. When you use these cushions and when you remove them is ultimately up to whatever they find the most comfortable.
The idea of added padding inside the seat is to provide support to their head and shoulders and does not have additional impact protection.
In addition, a huge benefit of the 4-35 seat models are the added anti-rebound bar. This is available on both the Nido and classic models and prevents additional movement of the seat as your vehicle moves.
The bar itself is attached to the seat base and rests against the car seat back to hold your infant in place.
Peg-Perego infant car seats benefit from their experience in design in terms of safety, but their visual appeal also set them apart.
All car seats are available in several fabric combinations and are designed for the comfort of your infant and small child as well as the general style. These styles can be picked out by you and have a wide variety of looks.
Peg-Perego is even involved in ensuring you know how your baby items work. In addition to the manuals, there are videos to help guide your through set up.
All the product offerings feature video examples of how to safely install or set up your item, walked through by an employee of Peg-Perego.
The Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio car seats come with a base that has several additional features. Each base has an anti-rebound bar for sudden stops or in the worst case, an accident.
This bar is a big differentiator from other car seats of this class. It makes the Primo Viaggio a solid choice for young infants. The purpose of the bar is that stops the seat from rebounding and putting your baby through additional movement.
This is great in the case of an accident, but really is something to think about during day to day driving as well. Sudden stops, quick turns, and things like that can cause additional movement for that car seat. This anti-rebound makes the PPPV 4-35 a strong competitor.
Primo Viaggio seats also recline when “right-tight” latched into the base. This is controlled via a knob that clicks into place when you find the right setting. The base is not required, but comes with and can be used with every one of the Primo Viaggio car seats.
Peg-Perego infant seats expire after 7 years from the date of manufacture. This means that you will want to check the sticker on your PPPV 4-35 or 4-35 Nido to find out when the seat was manufactured.
Ensure it is before its expiry period for the entire duration you are using the seat, not just when you buy it. Before January 1st, 2011, seat expirations for Peg-Perego were only 5 years. This included the discontinued PPPV Sip 30/30.
1.Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 Infant Car Seat
The PPPV 4-35 is a versatile car seat. The classic Peg-Perego offering, it’s a rear-facing car seat that’s easy to install and is extremely easy to transport. The PPPV 4-35 manual can quickly walk you through set up with or without the car seat’s base.
That base is one of the big selling points of this car seat, but the safety details don’t stop there. However, the positive effects of the anti-rebound bar can be used even without the base.
A convertible car seat, you’re able to flip the carrying handle forward and click into place. This then acts as an anti rebound bar.
This seat features Side Impact Protection (SIP), which is actually adjustable. Unlike other car seat safety features, you can adjust this SIP system while the child is in the car seat. This way you can check to ensure everything is fitting before taking off for your ride.
This seat is 17 inches across. It can easily be installed in the car without the base, using the seat belt and guides on the back of the seat, then flipping the handle forward.
The main features of this seat are as follows:
- PPPV 4-35 stage 1 cushions provide extra support for young infants’ heads.
- SIP system included on seat’s headrest and not just body of seat
- 5 point harness attached to seat.
- Anti-rebound bar on seat base.
Customers rate this seat highly, appreciating the versatility of installing the seat with or without the base and the highly competitive features. Overall they found it easy to install with or without the base, and feel it is a safe car seat. Some of the positive features called out by customers are listed below.
- Only 9.5 pounds.
- Easy to clean, cooling fabrics used on seat.
- Easily adjusted harness for growing child.
- Seat incline can be adjusted without rethreading the seatbelt.
- Bands to hold seat belt out of way during installation.
- There is a single position for the canopy, so it is either up or down.
- While the canopy is up, it interferes with the carrying handle.
- Seat is physically larger than comparable seats, meaning driver’s seat must be pushed forward farther.
As a transportable car seat, it’s also important you can easily maneuver with it on longer trips outside the car. The PPPV 4-35 can also be put right in any PP G-matic stroller system once separated from its base.
- Safety Surround Side Impact Technology offers the best head protection for your growing child at each stage
- Car seat designed to help protect your rear-facing infant from 4-50lb and your forward-facing toddler from 22-65lb
- Extend2Fit 4-position extension panel adjusts to provide 5" additional leg room allowing your child to safely ride rear-facing longer
The PPPV 4-35 Nido is specially designed for young infants. This is a rear-facing seat intended for usage in the backseat of your car. It has extra features to ensure the most comfort for younger riders.
Generally speaking, you’re getting the same great safety features with the Nido. There are two main differences from the classic 4-35 with this seat. One is the canopy, which unzips for extra protection from the elements.
The other is the base, which has a different rebound bar to account for a slightly different shape. This base also has a load leg that slide out to support the seat while you adjust it and get everything set up in the car.
The Nido weighs 10 pounds without the base attached. The seat is slightly wider than the classic 4-35, at 17.25 inches. The shape of the base also makes it awkward to sit in extremely compact cars as the seat will have trouble sitting flat on the shaped cushions installed in the vehicle.
The PPV Primo Viaggio 4-35 Nido has many features in common with the 4-35, but some unique ones are:
- European belt guide on back of seat for stability.
- Side Impact Protection (SIP)
- Hood that closes to protect baby from sun and cold air.
Generally speaking, this is a highly rated infant car seat. Most cons are with the base, which is fully removable. This base also features the anti-rebound bar. The one on this model is taller than the standard 4-35.
- Expanded stage 2 cushions makes for a cushier ride.
- Load leg in base for easier time installing seat.
- Improved cushion system from classic model, especially good for young infants.
- Sun hood closes all the way over seat.
- Instructions for base installation not clear.
- The seat does not always lock into base completely.
- Hood does not close all the way over the seat.
Like the standard 4-35, this car seat can be transported easily. This car seat’s baby carrier can be used in the Peg-Perego G-Matic System strollers with no adapters once removed from the car seat’s base.
- Made In Italy. SIP headrest easily adjusts to 6 different positions with no re-threading even with the infant in the seat, ensuring the best and safest fit. Energy absorbing EPS foam throughout shell and head panel protects the infant's head and torso from impact forces
- Load Leg can be adjusted 10 different positions and has an Energy Management Foot that absorbs energy by crumpling upon impact. Built-in anti-rebound bar attached to base provides superior protection in case of collision.
- Extendable Pagoda Hood has an easy to use zipper allows hood to extend forward, completely protecting baby from the elements. The hood is UPF 50+
PPPV 4-35 model infant seats can attach to any G-matic System Peg-Perego stroller. No adapters are needed to install the 4-35 models in Peg-Perego strollers. Instead, they can fit right into the stroller for easy transportation.
Strollers that can be used with this car seat with additional adapters available include UppaBaby models Vista 2015 and Cruz strollers.
Baby Jogger strollers (City Select, City Select Lux, City Premier, City Mini, GT Single) with the frame adapter accessory can fit this car seat as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many years are Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio good for?
PPPV infant car seats are good for up to 7 years. Make sure you know the manufacturing date when you receive the seat, which should be listed in your manual.
Seats like this can be used by your child for years, so you don’t want to go over that expiration while it is still in use and remember to pay attention to the manufacturing date over the purchase date.
2. Do you have to use the base with this car seat?
The base is not required with PPPV car seats. However, it does come with each infant and convertible car seat. The primary features with the bases are the additional safety of the rebound bar and the ability to recline the seats.
3. Can Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio be installed on an airplane seat?
PPPV 4-35 car seats are certified for usage in aircraft by the FAA. It is okayed whether or not you use it with the included removable base. Going through the additional clearance of becoming aircraft certified is just another way Peg-Perego is ensuring the utmost safety of their products.
4. Can I attach the Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio infant car seat on a grocery cart?
No, PPPV infant car seats cannot be attached to grocery carts. It is not recommended that you attempt to attach any infant car seats to grocery carts. Peg-Perego models are no exception.
5. Has this car seat ever been recalled?
All recalls are listed on the Peg-Perego website and they will notify you of a recall if you have registered your product with them after purchasing.
In 2001 a recall was made for the Primo Viaggio seats due to the base not latching on properly so that the seat and base were not properly connected. In this case, they provided instructions on how to repair the latch on the base.
There was a recall on PPPV Sip 30-30 car seat in 2009 due to sharp bits of plastic on the seat that had not been removed after the molding process. This seat has been discontinued, but at the time they provided a free repair kit to owners, showing the company’s commitment to customer service.
6. What is the warranty on Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio?
All Peg-Perego baby products are on warranty for 2 years from the day it is purchased. (https://us.pegperego.com/baby/warranty) Each product should come with a card that must be mailed into the company available with the manual. Alternatively, you can register for the limited warranty on the website. (https://us.pegperego.com/product-registration-warranty)
The igloo is perfect for chilly weather, whether there’s snow, rain, or just cold air. The outer layer protects from the elements, while the inner layer is lined with lightweight Thermore to help keep your baby at a natural temperature. This case fits over the PPPV 4-35 carrying case by slipping around the top. It then zips shut up to the collar.
- Approved for use with the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4/35 infant car sat
- Constructed with Thermore to keep baby's temperature regulated
- Weatherproof outside material that gives it a stylish and elegant look
The fitted rain cover for Primo Viaggio 4-35 car seats keeps rain out while maintaining the attractive looks of the Primo Viaggio car seats/carriers. The plastic upper portion keeps your baby dry, while the cloth lower section maintains an element of class.
The cover has mesh on the sides to ensure air flow continues as normal. You can tuck this cover right over the seat with no extra clasps or adjustments.
- Approved for use with the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4/35 infant car sat
- Keeps baby protected in inclement weather
- Weatherproof outside material that gives it a stylish and elegant look
The car seat travel bag is constructed from high-quality cloth and is perfect for transporting your infant seat when not in use.
As an added bonus, the seat can fit all Peg-Perego car seats, including the 4-35. It has handles to easily carry the seat duffel-bag style. Infant should not be in seat when stored in bag.
- Compatible with all Peg Perego car seats
- Made of durable material
- Carrying handle
The Baby Jogger seat adapter allows you to mount your Primo Viaggio 4-35 car seat right onto a Baby Jogger stroller.
The adapter is a frame that fits around your infant seat and into the stroller itself.
A nice feature is that the stroller will still fold even with the frame attached, so you do not have to uninstall it to easily store and transport. Stroller will not fold with baby seat inside.
- Create your own Baby Jogger City Mini, City Mini GT, or Summit X3 Single travel system by securely attaching your infant car seat to the stroller
- Works with Chicco KeyFit, Chicco Key Fit 30, Cybex Aton, Cybex Aton 2, Cybex Aton Q, Maxi Cosi Cabrio, Maxi Cosi Mico, Maxi Cosi Mico AP, Maxi Cosi Mico Nxt, Nuna Pipa, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35
- Attaches directly to the stroller, no support bars needed
Added Safety – Anti Rebound Bar
Overall, the Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 is a popular and well-rated choice whether you pick the classic or Nido model. The company’s overall attention to safety and beautiful baby products make any of their products an excellent choice.
The 4-35 really stands out due to the added safety of the anti-rebound bar and its ability to conform for your child’s comfort.
Last update on 2019-11-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API