The Nuna Tavo travel system is safe, comfortable, and fashionable. It has got your child covered from infant to young child. Travel systems are very convenient for busy parents.
If your little one is still in an infant car seat a travel system can help you transition from your vehicle to your stroller seamlessly. What else do we love about the Nuna Tavo travel system? Let’s dive in.
- True Lock System
- Super Easy Installation
- User-Friendly Stroller
- Nuna Tavo Travel System vs. Nuna Mixx Travel System
- Nuna Tavo Travel System vs. Nuna Pipa Lite LX
- System Components
- Customer Reviews for The Nuna Tavo
- Recommended Use
- What We Like
- What We Don’t Like
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Nuna Tavo: A Car to Curb Travel System
The Tavo Stroller is only compatible with Nuna Pipa car seats. The Pipa Lite car seat is only compatible with the Pipa base and cannot be installed in a vehicle without the base.
True Lock System
The Pipa base boasts its True Lock system with installation confirmation indicators. For extra security, you can use the base with the included steel-reinforced stability leg.
The base allows for multiple positions to accommodate your baby and varying seat angles. The bubble level indicators will let you know when you have achieved the perfect install.
Super Easy Installation
Installing the base in your car is simple and quick. It only requires two steps and takes less than five seconds. Simply attach the LATCH connectors to your car’s anchors and check that the confirmation indicators are green.
Finally, check the recline bubble indicator and adjust your stability leg if necessary. The Tavo stroller is the third component of the travel system. This stroller will last your little one through their early childhood due to its spaciousness and durability.
The child seat has four recline options and lays back nearly flat. The entire stroller is outfitted with weather-resistant materials to keep your little one cool and dry.
Parents will appreciate the leatherette lined handlebar, oversized storage basket, and one-touch braking system. The Tavo stroller’s canopy is truly state of the art. It is quite large to provide the maximum amount of 50+ UPF protection. It has a flip-out sun visor and can be removed all together.
Other convenience features include a simple one-hand fold system with trolley function, a quick-release convertible harness, and an optional infant insert and armbar. Combined, the Tavo stroller and Pipa Lite infant seat provide you and your family with the ultimate stylish and safe travel system.
- Seat weight: 5.3lbs (19.3lbs with base)
- Seat height: 22.5”
- Seat length: 27.3”
- Listed seat width: 17.5”
- Length: 35.6”
- Width: 22”
- Height: 42.5”
- Weight: 24.3lbs
Nuna Tavo Travel System vs. Nuna Mixx Travel System
The difference in these two travel systems is confined to the strollers. The Nuna Tavo travel system features the Tavo stroller that pairs with Nuna car seats. The Mixx travel system includes the Mixx stroller that can pair with the Pipa car seats or the Mixx bassinet.
The Mixx stroller is considered an upgraded version of the Tavo. It offers more features, including a reversible child seat with more recline options, a double compartment storage basket, and a no-rethread harness.
- All season fabrics
- Large UPF 50+ canopy with sun visor
- Four-wheel design
- Infant insert
- Pairs with Pipa car seats
- Nuna Mixx stroller has a reversible child seat
- The Nuna Mixx is more expensive
- The Tavo stroller is more compact
- The Nuna Mixx has a no-rethread harness
- The Nuna Mixx has a five-position recline and removable two-part child seat
- The Mixx pairs with the Mixx bassinet in addition to the Pipa car seat
- The Nuna Mixx has a double compartment storage basket
Nuna Tavo Travel System vs. Nuna Pipa Lite LX
Just as the Tavo Travel system and Mixx Travel system vary due to the stroller model, the Tavo system and Pipa Lite LX system vary because of their car seat components.
Both systems feature the Tavo stroller. The Pipa Lite LX car seat is, unsurprisingly, an upgrade to the Pipa Lite. It includes additional comfort features such as Merino Wool and TENCEL fabrics that wick away moisture and a dream drape in addition to the canopy.
- Weight and height limits
- Flame resistant fabrics, aerospace aluminum, Aeroflex foam
- Canopy with eyeshade
- Leatherette lined handle
- Crumple zone and side-impact protection
- The Pipa Lite LX includes a dream drape to provide full protection from the elements
- The Pipa Lite incorporates Merino wool and TENCEL to keep your child cool and dry
This travel system consists of three components: the Tavo stroller, the Pipa Lite infant car seat, and the Pipa series base. One astonishing feature of this travel system is the lack of adapters. The car seat clicks directly onto the stroller’s child seat for a secure connection.
The Pipa Lite car seat is considered to be exceptionally safe. The combination of materials, including Aeroflex foam, aerospace aluminum, and the steel-reinforced base allows this seat to meet and exceed all safety standards.
Side Impact Protection
The Pipa Lite also includes side impact protection, and incorporated crumple-zone in the leg area to absorb shock, and fire-resistant fabrics. The car seat is a breeze to carry thanks to its lightweight and comfortable leatherette carrying handle.
Car seat occupants will be kept safe and cozy with the removable memory foam headrest and micro-knit breathable fabrics. Both parents and little ones will appreciate the UPF 50+ extendable canopy that has an extra segment of fabric that flips out to provide additional eyeshade.
The car seat attaches seamlessly to the TAVO stroller without the use of adapters, just click it onto the child seat and go. When it is time to transition back to your vehicle, click the car seat onto the installed base.
Customer Reviews for The Nuna Tavo
In general, parents approve of all of the fine details and craftsmanship that went into the Nuna Tavo travel system. Both the stroller and car seat were crafted with parents in mind, as is apparent in the one-handed fold and simple base installation.
Also, parents liked that the stroller is exceedingly easy to push thanks to its progressive suspension technology. There were not many dislikes, but the price was certainly one of them.
However, when compared to other high-end luxury brands, the cost is not outrageous. The only other con was the lack of a reversible option for the child seat. This can be remedied by upgrading to the Nuna Mixx.
- Attention to detail, such as extra flip-out sun visor on canopy
- Very easy to push and maneuver
- Effortless fold regarding the stroller and installation of base
- Stroller child seat cannot be reversed to parent-facing position
- Available in three colors: granite, caviar, or aspen
- Both the stroller and car seat use Featherlite all-weather materials
- The car seat seamlessly attaches to the base and stroller without the use of adapters
- Includes luxury features like the leatherette handle and extendable sun visor on the canopy
- Car Seat: 4-32lbs and 32” or less
- Stroller: birth to 50lbs
What We Like
- Car seat and stroller connect without adapters
- The base is exceedingly easy to install and features ensure secure installation
- High-quality fabrics used throughout all the travel system components
- The car seat, base, and stroller are all very adjustable to grow with your little one
What We Don’t Like
- Pipa Lite car seat must be installed with Pipa base
- Four-wheel design of stroller may decrease maneuverability
- The stroller is a bit on the heavy side
The Pipa Lite car seat has an expiration date of seven years after the date of manufacture. This date is located on your car seat’s information sticker. In addition, all Nuna car seats have a one-year warranty that begins on the date of purchase.
Nuna gear, including the stroller, has a two-year warranty beginning on the date of purchase. If you would like to take advantage of the warranty, you only need to contact Nuna.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Nuna Tavo Reversible?
Unlike the Nuna Mixx, the Tavo does not have a reversible child seat.
How do you use the Nuna Tavo Stroller?
To fold the stroller, close the canopy and press down on the bottom folding button and slide the top button both located on the handlebar.
With the buttons compressed, push forward and downward on the handlebar. The stroller will click into a secure fold. To unfold, unfastened the storage latch on the side of the stroller. Then, pull upwards and forwards on the handlebar until it clicks into the open position.
What Stroller does Nuna PIPA work with?
The Nuna Pipa works with the Mixx stroller, the Tavo stroller, the Pepp stroller, the Uppababy Vista, the Mixx2, and Bugaboo Cameleon3. Other manufacturers may produce adapters that allow the seat to work with non-Nuna brand strollers.
Nuna Tavo: A Car to Curb Travel System
The Nuna Tavo travel system doesn’t leave much to be desired. It can accommodate your child from infant up to 50lbs, and it does so effortlessly. Every component of this travel system is easy to install, use, and store.
There are many features that both parents and occupants will appreciate. The high-quality fabrics are sure to last you through many outings. Though not exactly budget-friendly, this travel system will not disappoint if you decide to splurge. You may be interested in Nuna Mixx2 Review.