The Quad Sport 4-Passenger Stroller offers a smooth, comfortable ride for up to four passengers, making it a perfect choice for those who need a couple of extra seats! Going out to events or even just to run errands with just one little one can, at times, be a rather overwhelming experience. Babies are not yet fully in touch with their emotions and can easily be a bit fussy or finicky when contained inside of a stroller.
Add in more than one kid to the mix and you have got a recipe for chaos if the conditions are right, especially since most strollers accommodate two to three littles aside from expensive specialty models. Enter the Foundations The Quad Sport 4-Passenger Stroller, a product that makes venturing out with multiple littles much less of a daunting task by providing four seats and a host of special features! Let’s learn a little more about what makes this stroller so special.
When you look at the specs of this stroller, one thing immediately jumps out at the buyer: ease of use. Foundations took measures to ensure that, no matter what, this product is incredibly easy to use even with four little ones in tow, making every outing simple and fun! The ergonomic handle is incredibly comfortable and does not put pressure on your back as you push. Additionally, the easy fold system makes this product a breeze to store. Plus, it folds down to a fraction of its usable size, making it perfect for even smaller storage spaces!
- Multi-child, 4-seat stroller accommodates 4 children up to 40 pounds each
- Folds easily and quickly for storage and transport
- Easy to maneuver with rubberized, shock absorbing wheels
Car Seat Compatibility
This stroller is not car seat compatible. In general, very few quad strollers are going to fit car seats just for the sake of safety and ease of use. The Foundations The Quad was designed for use in a daycare setting, so it makes sense that this model will specifically lack a car seat compatible option. In such a setting it would generally not be necessary. Still, this is a fantastic stroller for those with multiple children, as it provides tons of other great features that make up for the lack of car seat transferring functionality.
Though meant for four children, this stroller does still make tremendous efforts to cater to each child individually and ensure that they are all comfortable and happy for the entirety of their ride.
Starting from the wheels and working up, Foundations focused a ton of effort on making sure this stroller is easy for the parents and comfortable for the littles. They even considered this in making the actual wheels by creating them to be rubberized and shock absorbing to make every little bump and jolt feel nonexistent.
They also added a UV reflecting canopy with a mesh window to allow you to check in on your littles as they ride without disturbing them if they happen to be napping. The basket below the seats provides extra storage for snacks and toys, which are absolutely vital for most longer outings with little ones.
- Spacious seating
- Elevated back row for enhanced viewing
- Five-point harness for added safety in each seat
- Easy storage
- Comfort grip
- Tons of storage space in basket below the seat
- Three attractive, high visibility colors: lime, red, and orange
- Is not made for infant car seats, though some will fit (there is no closure mechanism, though)
- Not made for children under 6 months
- Some issues steering when child weight is not balanced
- All seats recline
- Spacious storage
- Foot brake on rear wheels
- Mesh screen for viewing
- UV resistant canopy
- Quick fold for storing
- Amazing for childcare environments and large families
- Holds 50 lbs per seat
- Minimum Age: 6 months
- Maximum Weight: 50 lbs per seat
- Maximum Height: 48 inches
- Product Weight: 34 lbs
- Product Dimensions: 48 x 22 x 20 inches
Honest Customer Reviews
When looking through the Amazon reviews for this product, one word has been used numerous times to describe this stroller: “lifesaver”. It seems that for many people with multiple little ones, this stroller has been an amazing asset, giving them the freedom to be out and about with ease and confidence.
The fact that four children can fit in this stroller is amazing enough but it is also incredibly comfortable and features elevated back row seating so all children riding along can experience the stimulation of the outside world.
Easy To Fold
Easy To Fold Parents say that this stroller is easy to fold and unfold and is quite easy to assemble and install since most parts are already attached and everything you need is included. The stroller is heavy, according to some, which makes it a bit cumbersome, but is overall a good option and quite easy for a single person to use.
That being said, many people who purchased this product as a jogging stroller due to the “Sport” title in the product’s name were very disappointed. Many people claim it is much too heavy to be pushed about at a fast pace and would be very uncomfortable and hard to steer in such a setting. It is best to save this for more laidback outings.
Another concern about this product stems from a simple design flaw: the canopy can be easily blown back by the wind. It is not weighted properly and can be blown about, negating its effectiveness and creating a bit of frustration for those who need the extra coverage and have to keep readjusting it. Some have remedied this with a simple strap attachment DIY but it is worth noting when considering the product.
What Parents Like
- Large and comfortable
- Easy to push
- Does well on mildly bumpy terrain
- Smooth ride
- Tons of storage
- Easy to fold
What Parents Dislike
- Still bulky when folded, cannot fit in some smaller trunks
- No car seat adapter
- Flimsy canopy
- A couple of reports of missing parts upon arrival
Comparing The Other Models
Foundations The Quad VS Angeles Surestop
When you initially take a look at the specs of the Foundations The Quad and the Angeles Surestop, there are a few similarities but, once you begin to dig deeper, there are some rather decisive tidbits and glaring issues with the latter’s design.
While both have positive reviews in excess when compared to their negative reviews, those of the Surestop tend to be more severe. Some report the stroller to be extremely stiff and hard to move, especially on rocky or rough terrain.
Additionally, many parents are concerned that their children can easily pop the guardrail from the Surestop, a concern that could be rather serious if a child is injured.
Despite these issues, both strollers are well-liked in general but, for the price, you can get a much better deal with the Quad. At more than a hundred dollars cheaper, this stroller is a bargain you cannot afford to pass up unless there are very specific specs that caught your eye elsewhere. All in all, the Quad is your solid choice!
- Four seats
- Independent reclining
- Guard rail
- Comfort canopy
- Easy push handrail
- Angeles is significantly heavier
- Quad has a higher weight limit (50 lb vs 40 lb)
- Angeles is larger
- Angeles is harder to fold and takes more space
- Angeles is generally more unwieldy.
There are quite a few accessories available to help further enhance your experience with this stroller. Here are some of our favorites:
- Foundations Gaggle 4 Roof: Designed for the Gaggle model, this attachable canopy has been used by several parents to reinforce or replace the canopy on this model. Since many have issues with the flimsy nature of the included version, this is a great option to make things a little more sturdy.
- 2020 Foundations LX4/Quad Sport Rain Cover: Being caught in the rain is bad enough without a gaggle of soaked toddlers to have in tow. This rain cover suits the model perfectly and helps prevent the little ones from being soaked while out and about. It is also quite helpful for those in windy areas or who are concerned about kicked up sand, as well.
- Valco Baby Tri Mode Duo X Toddler Seat: If you have a smaller child, this accessory will help convert the stroller into a safer riding experience. It provides extra support and boosts the child up, making them more comfortable and secure as possible. The device also fits other strollers, allowing you to take it with you traveling for rentals and other applications, as well.
All Foundations strollers fall under the same Limited Warranty program. You can read the entire document here, but it can be summarized as follows: The company offers a one-year coverage for all routine usage issues. They will not cover anything deemed “extreme use” or anything that is done to damage the product. To access the warranty, contact the company and file a claim.
There have currently been no known major recalls from Foundations as a whole, including with their strollers. They do have a page on their website to list all future recalls, which can be viewed here.
Questions and Answers
Does the product come with a rain cover?
No, the product comes with a canopy but not a full rain cover. However, you can purchase many off-brand alternatives online or inquire with the company to purchase one directly.
Can you buy replacement parts?
Yes! You can reach out to Foundations directly and purchase any replacement parts you may need. In fact, if your product is less than a year old, it may be covered by the limited warranty and receive a free repair.
Is there a snack tray?
No, at this time this stroller does not come with a snack tray since it is too compact to accommodate such a feature.
A Solid Choice
The Foundations The Quad Sport 4-Passenger Stroller is a solid choice that will work amazingly for most families. Though not a true sport stroller, this is a fantastic product that will serve you wonderfully without breaking the bank. Well rounded and packed with features, this is a real winner!
Last update on 2020-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API