The Diono Cambria 2 is a booster seat that can be installed in vehicles to assure the safety of growing children during a ride since they can’t make use of the traditional seatbelt.
This booster seat also provides the child with comfort during a journey, whether it’s a trip to school, an outing, or for any other reason.
Cambria 2 was engineered with an innovative design to provide enough space for children to grow. This booster seat has 2 modes available for use, the backless mode, and the high-back mode.
Diono Cambria 2 Review
Diono Cambria 2 is a carefully engineered booster seat with a spacious design and 6-position adjustable head support, which offers your child comfort and safety all through a car ride. Cambria 2 is built to hold children weighing between 18-54 kg (40 – 120 lbs) and with the height ranging between 38 – 63 inches tall (97 – 160 cm).
The seat can be installed easily and securely at no time at all; this is because Cambria comes with integrated LATCH connectors and front adjusters, which makes the whole process seamless and effortless.
This booster seat comes as a 2-in-1 flat-pack which can be easily switched from a high back booster to a backless booster, this means the parts can also be disassembled to store for later use. The booster seat comes in assortments of colors which the parent can choose from to suit their child’s preference or style.
Weighing only 5.4 kg, the lightweight design makes it portable for easy transport or storage between vehicles and places. The spacious design allows total comfort and enough room for growth for the child’s shoulders, hips, and legs.
The seat comes with contours that always aim to keep the child in the correct position.
It comes with a machine-washable fabric cover that’s easily removable for easy and effortless care support by parents.
- Product Weight: 12.1 lbs
- Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 15.80 x 19.30 x 29.30 inches
- Manufacturer Part Number: 31201
- Gender: Unisex
- Orientation: Forward facing
- Retractable cup holders and snack trays.
- It has extra length for leg support.
- Offer two modes of use, high back and backless.
- Recline settings.
- ROOMY COMFORT FOR GROWING SHOULDERS - Cambria 2 is one of the biggest highback boosters available....
- 6 HEADREST POSITIONS - Suitable for children from 33 to 79 lbs. (approx. 3 to 12 years old or 38 -...
- LIGHTWEIGHT & EASILY PORTABLE - This versatile booster seat flat packs for easy transport or storage...
Why Buy Diono Cambria 2?
Several makes and models of booster seats that are available for children only last for use till they exceed its height limit of about 144 – 145cm.
Diono Cambria 2 happens to be one of the limited options of booster seats that can get a child up and beyond the recommended height of 148cm before surpassing the need for a booster seat.
The booster seat comes with extra-deep sidewalls and shock-absorbing Expanded-Polyethylene (EPE) foam, which effectively assures the child’s safety in the case of an impact collision.
The overall design of the booster seat makes it an excellent choice for a concerned parent, as it provides comfort and convenience to the child without compromising safety.
The Cambria 2 also comes with two swivel cup-holders for the child to keep drinks and snacks within reach.
Diono Cambria 2 Vs. Diono Monterey XT
There are a lot of similarities and key differences between the Diono Cambria 2 and Diono Monterey XT. Both models are high-end booster car seats made for children, with the Diono Monterey XT released as the successor to the Diono Monterey and the Diono Cambria 2 as the successor to the Diono Cambria.
- The material used for Diono Monterey XT’s energy-absorbing foam is the Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) which offers more durability than the Expanded Polyethylene (EPE) used in Diono Cambria 2.
- There are more height options available on the Diono Monterey XT. This is because the number of adjustable headrest positions of the two models differs, with the Diono Monterey XT coming in 11 headrest positions which is more than the six positions that come with the Diono Cambria 2.
- The Diono Monterey XT comes with adjustable width, which makes the back of the seat expandable to support dimensions of shoulders up to about 20 inches.
- Both booster seats can hold a child’s weight between 40 – 120 lbs, comes with a LATCH system and a side impact protection feature.
- Both come with a machine washable cover and retractable cup holders as well as snack trays.
Diono Cambria 2 Installation
This booster seat comes with an instruction manual on how to interconnect the several parts which come when purchased. The parts necessary for the assembly and installation are included in the package.
To attach the Backrest, simply follow the steps just as shown in the instruction manual.
In order to increase the safety and performance of a child, the booster seat comes with a lower anchorage system which allows secure fitting to a vehicle’s lower anchor locations.
To install this part of the seat, simply refer to the instruction manual as well.
The lower anchor can be disengaged by following the steps provided in reverse order. The head support can be adjusted to fit the child’s height and to secure proper placement of the Vehicle Shoulder Belt.
This can be done by squeezing the head support adjustment lever on the back of the booster seat whilst adjusting the height to fit the child’s needs.
Diono Cambria Discontinued.
This model is still available for purchase on many platforms online at an affordable price. This model is prior to the Diono Cambria 2 and is still in production by the manufacturing company, Diono.
- It provides superior comfort and safety features.
- Offer two cup holders for convenience.
- Super lightweight and portable for use.
- Easy to clean.
- Spacious design with easy installation.
- Quite large in size.
- An economical version of Diono Monterey XT
This booster seat comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
The Diono Cambria 2 is manufactured to serve its purpose from the date of purchase until 8 years from the date of purchase.
This booster seat model from Diono has not been recalled so far, which means the quality of this piece is assured with no faults.
The safety ratings are high, with the product serving its purpose at all times. The booster seat has a 5.0-star rating for its safety features. The safety features include:
- Contoured outline to keep children seated correctly at all times.
- Recline settings.
- Complete side impacts protection.
- Belt-guides for the shoulder and lap of the child.
- LATCH connectors for secure installation.
What parents like about the Diono Cambria 2:
- Ability to recline
- Easy instructions for assembly and installation.
- Effective belt path.
- Good head support.
- High durability and ease-of-use.
What parents dislike about the Diono Cambria 2:
- Quite bulky to move around.
- The size of the base is quite wide.
- Cheap plastic components.
- Light padding on the cover of the seat.
Children grow at a fast rate, a booster seat that aims at accommodating such changes with comfort whilst protecting them on rides is needed. The booster seat has many utilities at its disposal for superior comfort and protection.
The Diono Cambria 2 is a great option to go for, with all the safety features required to guarantee the safety of your child.
For a parent looking to cut back a little cash but also wants a high-end piece of equipment for the child, this is one of the best options around.
Last update on 2020-01-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API