Parents looking for a luxury car seat that will last a long time need look no further than the Cybex Cloud Q infant car seat. his seat has the capability to accommodate your little one from birth to, roughly, 18 months of age. It’s a great seat for preemies and will last until your little one reaches 35 pounds.
We really like this seat as well because it comes in several different color options. The seat comes in its traditional design as well as a luxury option and a few exclusive prints. In total, there are 12 different colors/prints to choose from. Keep in mind, though, the luxury and exclusive prints cost more than the traditional ones.
The Cloud Q car seat is also available in “Plus” and “SensorSafe” editions. The main difference between the Cybex Cloud Q and the Cloud Q Plus is the fabric. While the original Cloud Q is made with soft, plush fabric, the Cloud Q Plus has a more hard-wearing fabric similar to denim.
Unlike any other infant seat, the Cloud Q has the capability to lie flat when using outside of the car. This really comes in handy when you’re out and you need a safe place for baby to nap. This also makes it ideal for preemies as they’re safest lying flat. To add to the safety factor of the seat, it also comes with an XXL protective sunshade with UVP50+.
These safety features, along with other protective qualities are what got this seat a “very good” rating in the safety category of the German Stiftung Warentest.
|Cloud Q Plus|
|Cloud Q/Plus Sensorsafe|
An Adaptable Seat
When we say this seat grows with your child, we mean it. While many infant seats cap off at 30-32 pounds, this one can be used up to 35 pounds.
It comes with a removable inlay for preemies and newborns and has 11 adjustable height positions. Not many infant seats come with an adjustable headrest, so this really sets the Cloud Q apart from others. The harness guides are integrated as well, so you don’t need to worry about rethreading when you adjust the headrest.
- Compatible with Cybex Priam and other Cybex strollers.
- Ergonomic lie-flat position outside the car.
- 11-position height-adjustable headrest with integrated harness guides.
Not only is this seat one of the safest on the market, but it also comes with several qualities of comfort too.
You may choose between comfort fabric or the “plus” option. Both seats are comfortable for your baby, but the Plus is a bit more durable. The seat also comes with harness and crotch pads to prevent discomfort and red marks on your baby’s skin. The straps are also extra wide to ensure safety and comfort for your little one.
- Three different seats styles
- Unique lie-flat capability
- Adjustable headrest (11 different positions)
- XXL sunshade
- Non-rethreading harness
- Extra-wide harness straps
Honest Customer Reviews
When it comes to the Cloud Q, parents seem to be most impressed with the safety standard of this seat. This makes absolute sense as it consistently ranks high on crash testing and other safety standard tests. However, this seat is much heavier than other infant seats, which can prove inconvenient as your little one gets heavier.
Despite this setback, the pros heavily outweigh the cons of this seat.
- Comfortable for baby – The traditional Cloud Q has plush, comfortable fabric. While the Plus version is more hard-wearing, parents still say their baby seems satisfied too.
- High safety ratings – The Cloud Q has gone through extensive testing and has received the highest marks in several different independent research tests.
- Great seat for preemies – Because this seat can lie flat when not in the car and accommodates as low as 4 pounds, it’s ideal for preemies and small babies.
- Grows with your baby – This seat will accommodate your little one from 4-35 pounds and up to 30 inches in height.
- Plenty of colors to choose from – The Cloud Q has twelve different colors and prints available. Depending on which print, though, it may cost more than others.
- Heavier than other infant seats – While many infant seats weigh less than 10 pounds, this one weighs around 12.5 pounds without its base.
- Price is pretty steep – This seat costs significantly more than other infant seats on the market.
- Product dimensions: 27 in. x 23 in. x 18 in.
- Product weight (without the base): 12.6 lbs.
- Weight restrictions: 4 lbs. – 35 lbs.
- Height restrictions: up to 30 in.
- Lowest harness position: 8 in.
- Highest harness position: 13.5 in.
Expiration and Warranty Information
The Cybex Cloud Q can be used up to 6 years after the date of manufacture. In terms of the warranty, Cybex will replace your seat if defects are found for two years after the date of purchase. In order to use the warranty, the original receipt is required and you will be responsible for shipping charges.
The warranty will not cover the following issues:
- Regular wear and tear
- Damage from negligence or improper use
- Modification by the consumer
- Damage from car accidents
The Cybex Cloud Q is compatible with all Cybex strollers without any adapters needed. It can also be used with any NUNA stroller or the Quinny Moodd by using the included adapter. The Cloud Q may be used with other strollers, but an adapter must be purchased separately. The following strollers are compatible (with an adapter) to the Cloud Q:
- Austlen Entourage (front adapter only)
- Baby Jogger strollers
- Bugaboo strollers
- Mima Xari and Zigi
- Thule Urban Glide strollers
- UPPAbaby VISTA, CRUZ, and MINU
Cybex Cloud Q vs. Cybex Cloud Z
The Cloud Q and Cloud Z both come with the same safety features but differ from each other in other aspects. For starters, the Cloud Z is much lighter than the Q as it weighs in at 10.6 pounds as opposed to the Q’s 12.6-pound weight. The Z also comes in more color/print options and has a rotating mechanism when attached to the base. This comes in handy if you don’t want to take the seat out of the base.
- Both have lie-flat capability
- Both come with the same safety features
- Same XXL canopy sunshade
- Both cost roughly the same
- Cloud Z has a rotating mechanism
- Cloud Q weighs more than the Z
- Cloud Z comes in more color/print options
Cybex Cloud Q Car Seat Q & A
How much does the Cybex Cloud Q weigh?
Without the base, the Cybex Cloud Q weighs 12.6 pounds. The base for this seat weighs 12 pounds.
Is the Cybex Cloud Q car seat compatible with Bugaboo strollers?
Yes. The Cybex Cloud Q is compatible with Bugaboo Donkey and Donkey2, Fox and Lynx, Cameleon3, and Bee3 and Bee5.
How do you wash the Cybex Cloud Q car seat?
The seat cover can be removed and run through your washing machine. There isn’t any information on whether or not it can be put through the dryer. To be safe, hang dry the cover. The seat’s shell should be wiped down with a damp washcloth.
What is SensorSafe technology?
SensorSafe is a monitoring system that evaluates the environment in your car. You sync the technology with your phone and you’ll receive pop-up alerts for a few different instances. These include if the buckle is undone while the vehicle is in motion, if you forget to unbuckle your child before leaving the car, or if your baby has been buckled too long.
Is the Cybex Cloud Q easy to install?
Despite having a few extra steps than typical installation, parents still say this seat is easy to install. The main idea is to feed the seatbelt through the base and use the belt tensioning plates to help lock the belt in place. For extensive instructions for installation, you can click here.
Despite coming in several different color options, the seat doesn’t come with any light colors. Because of this, it may be wise to get the summer cover if you live in a warmer climate or anywhere that experiences warm summers. This cover is made with 85 percent cotton and 15 percent polyester. The fabric is white, which will reduce the amount of heat absorption into the seat.
If you’re due to have your little one during the springtime or you live in a wet climate, it’s also wise to have a rain cover. Not only will this protect your baby from the rain, but it can keep them safe from wind and snow as well.
The rain cover is completely transparent and has a fold-back flap for easy access to baby. It’s compatible with both the Aton and the Cloud Q car seat series.
- Full coverage keeps your child shielded from wind, rain and snow
- Transparent so your child can look out and see the world
- Includes a flap so you can easily access your child if needed
Mosquitoes are the worst and can carry dangerous diseases for babies. Because of this, we recommend the Cybex insect net as well. This one is compatible with both the Cloud Q and Aton series’ and is machine-washable for easy cleaning. The netting is sheer and breathable so your little one can still see the world without compromising safety.
- Designed for maximum protection from even the smallest insects
- Sheer and breathable fabric gives your child's comfort and allows them to look out and see the world
- Machine washable fabric makes it easy to clean
Safe and Comfortable Seat
When shopping for a luxury infant seat, finding one that will last a long time is of utmost importance. The Cybex Cloud Q seat is perfect because it can be used up until your baby is roughly 18 months old.
Despite its high-end price tag, we can’t recommend the Cloud Q enough. The safety features and comfortable design are far none compared to other seats. If you’re looking for ease of installation and practicality, the Cybex Cloud Q is the one for you.
Last update on 2020-07-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API