Cosco car seats are budget-friendly and safe for your child. Each Cosco car seat reviewed in this article was selected based on safety, durability, and comfort for your precious cargo. Let’s get real here, kids are expensive. One of the biggest expenses you’ll be faced with while your child is young is buying a good-quality car seat.
When shopping around, you’re going to find seats as expensive as $250 and sometimes higher. But what if I told you there are car seats out there that still offer safety and comfort to your child without making your wallet scream? It seems like a myth, right? Fortunately, it’s not a myth. Below you will find high-quality Costco car seats for any parent on a budget!
8 Best Cosco Car Seats
- 8 Best Cosco Car Seats
- 1. Cosco Simple Fold Travel System – Very Lightweight
- 2.Lift & Stroll Travel System – Very Inexpensive.
- 3.Cosco Light N Comfy DX – Premier LATCH system.
- 4.Cosco Mighty Fit 65 DX Convertible Car Seat – Super Compact.
- 5. Cosco Easy Elite 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat – Grows with your Child
- 6.Cosco Apt 50 Convertible Car Seat – Easy to Clean.
- 7.Cosco Finale DX 2-in-1 Combination Booster Seat – Added Support.
- 8.Cosco Topside Booster Car Seat – Very Lightweight
- The Brand: Cosco Car Seats Review
- Buyer’s Guide: What To Look For
- Cosco Car Seat Roundup
|Name||Weight Limit||Height Limit||Mode|
|Cosco Simple Fold Travel System||4-22 lbs.||29"||Rear-Facing|
|Cosco Lift & Stroll Travel System||4-22 lbs.||29"||Rear-Facing|
|Cosco Light N Comfy DX Car Seat||4-22 lbs.||29"||Rear-Facing|
|Cosco Mighty Fit 65 DX Convertible Seat||5-65 lbs.||40"||Both Rear-Facing/Forward-Facing|
|Cosco Easy Elite Convertible Seat||5-80 lbs.||52"||Both Rear-Facing/Forward-Facing|
|Cosco Apt 50 Convertible Seat||5-50 lbs.||43"||Both Rear-Facing/Forward-Facing|
|Cosco Finale DX Combination Booster||30-100 lbs||52"||Highback Booster|
|Cosco Topside Booster||40-100 lbs.||57"||Backless Booster|
1. Cosco Simple Fold Travel System – Very Lightweight
Travel systems are really convenient for getting everything on a one-and-done shopping trip. While they may seem a bit pricey, it actually saves you money. Instead of buying a seat, base, and stroller individually, the travel system comes with everything you need.
The car seat in this system can accommodate your rear-facing baby up until they reach 35 pounds. It’s super lightweight and easy to carry and also comes with an infant insert to keep your small babe snug until they grow into it.
The seat uses a five-point harness and has an adjustment strap on the front for easy securing. It comes with side impact protection as well for extra safety. The stroller in this system has an easy one-fold system where you simply lift with one hand and it folds itself in half.
It’s really lightweight and can stand when folded which is great for storage and convenience. It also comes equipped with two cup holders, a tray for your keys and a large storage area underneath for your diaper bag and other necessities.
- Comes with all necessary pieces
- Holds up to 35 pounds
- The stroller is easy to fold
- Easy click technology
- Sometimes hard to release from the base
- Simply lift up to fold compactly in less than a second- easy to store or take along for the ride
- Infinite Seat Recline
- Holds child up to 50lbs
2.Lift & Stroll Travel System – Very Inexpensive.
Another good option if you’re on the market for a travel system is the Lift & Stroll. This travel system comes with everything you need to easily transition your baby from the car to the stroller no matter where you are.
The car seat included here can accommodate babies between 4 and 22 pounds and comes equipped with side impact protection for optimal safety during car rides. While this is a travel system and the infant seat will easily lock into the stroller, you also have the option of sitting baby right in the stroller seat using its three-point harness.
Both the stroller harness and the five-point car seat harness are easily adjustable. The stroller also comes with easy one hand pull-up technology to fold it in half for easy storage. It also comes with two cupholders by the handlebar and one cupholder plus a tray for all of your baby’s snacking needs.
- Easy to fold for storage
- Comes with everything you need
- Inexpensive compared to other systems
- Easy to assemble
- Not heavy duty
- Folding takes getting used to
- Buckle may be tricky after a few uses
- DESIGNED FOR NEWBORN BABIES – The Cosco Lift and Stroll Plus Travel System includes a Light ’n...
- EASY FOLDING STROLLER - The lightweight Cosco Simple Fold Plus Stroller folds quickly with just one...
- ENGINEERED TO KEEP YOUR BABY SAFE – The Cosco Light ’n Comfy Infant Car Seat has been designed...
3.Cosco Light N Comfy DX – Premier LATCH system.
If an infant seat is what you’re looking for, this is the only infant carrier that Cosco carries. It’s designed to be lightweight and easy to carry and can accommodate your infant from 4 pounds up to 22 pounds.
This car seat comes with a removable infant insert to help your newborn feel more snug and comfy while in the car and comes equipped with a retractable canopy to shield baby from the sun. This is a really safe option for your infant because it uses the LATCH system.
Has a five-point harness and the harness-adjusting strap is located conveniently on the front of the carrier. This seat meets or exceeds federal and ASTM safety standards. The car seat pad is removable, machine-washable, and is safe for the dryer too.
- Side impact protection
- Meets or exceeds several safety standards
- Inexpensive compared to other brands
- The handle may be hard to raise and lower
- Bulkier than other infant carriers
- Rear-facing 4-22 pounds
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Seat pad is machine washable and dryer safe
4.Cosco Mighty Fit 65 DX Convertible Car Seat – Super Compact.
If you’re a family with more than one kid in need of a car seat, this is a good one to consider. This Cosco seat is super compact, lightweight, and able to fit three across in the back seat.
It’s also air travel approved and it’s compact, lightweight design makes going through security a lot less painstaking than it could be. Another great thing about this seat is the color options available to choose from. Not every kid is going to like grey.
Maybe you have a little princess who loves pink. The Mighty Fit 65 DX is available in both grey and pink. This seat uses the LATCH system and buckles your child with a five-point harness. There are five harness heights and three buckle locations that allow the seat to grow with your child until up to 65 pounds.
It also comes made with side impact protection. The car seat comes with deluxe padding to ensure your child’s comfort and the fabric is removable and machine washable and dryable.
- Fits three across in most cars
- Additional padding for added comfort
- Lasts a long time
- Buckle may pinch
- Need to uninstall seat to adjust the headrest
- Built in side impact protection keeps your little 1 extra secure; Designed to be just the right...
- Three of these seats can fit side by side in the back seat of most cars, perfect for growing...
- With plush padding and premium fabric, this seat gives your child an extra comfy ride; Easy to...
5. Cosco Easy Elite 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat – Grows with your Child
This is a great option if you want something to last the entirety of your child’s car seat riding days. Because it’s a 3-in-1, it will accommodate your child until they reach 80 pounds. This is nice because you won’t have to worry about purchasing another seat.
Because of its more slim design, it’s able to fit three across in the back seat of most cars which is nice if you have more than one child. You can rear-face your baby in this seat from infancy until they hit 40 pounds and it comes with a removable infant pillow to give your new baby the head support they need.
You can forward face your child up to 50 pounds in this seat and then remove the harness when your child is ready for the belt-positioning booster. All three stages offer side-impact protection to ensure the safety of your child throughout the use of the car seat.
- Machine-washable and dryer-safe
- Grows with your child
- Removable cupholders
- Reclinable for added comfort
- Tightening strap may be difficult to tighten
- Material isn’t breathable
- Bigger seat takes more space
6.Cosco Apt 50 Convertible Car Seat – Easy to Clean.
The Apt 50 can be used as a rear-facing car seat for up to 40 pounds and forward-facing for up 50 pounds. It comes with six different harness heights and three different buckle locations. It’s also super lightweight, compact, and approved for air travel.
This seat is super convenient because it comes with two cupholders for all your child’s snack time needs. This seat is LATCH equipped and comes built with side impact protection. It uses a five-point harness to further ensure the safety of your child during car rides too.
If you’re worried about toddler messes, this seat’s cover is removable and machine-washable so you can put your fears to rest. We also like this seat because it comes in four different color options to choose from: black, pink, blue, and red.
- Several color options available
- Easy to clean
- Air travel approved
- Not much extra cushioning for comfort
- Buckle may be difficult to undo after a few uses
- With 2 modes of use, this latch equipped Cosco car seat accommodates infants from 5 pounds up to...
- The 5 point harness adjusts easily from the front of the seat and features 6 heights and 3 buckle...
- In both the rear facing and forward facing modes, built in side impact protection keeps your little...
7.Cosco Finale DX 2-in-1 Combination Booster Seat – Added Support.
When your child has outgrown their Cosco convertible car seat, finding a good booster seat that will last can be difficult.
This Cosco combination booster seat is one worth checking out in this case. It uses the five-point safety harness for up to 65 pounds and can be converted to a belt-positioning booster up until your child reaches 100 pounds.
These seats are super lightweight and can fit three across in most vehicles, a major convenience for parents of multiples. Like other Cosco seats, the seat pad is machine washable, so cleaning is a breeze. They also come in three different color schemes: black/grey, blue/grey, and pink/grey.
- High back booster for added support
- Lasts with your child throughout the early years
- Comes in several color options
- Fabric may tear
- Plastic may tear off
- The Cosco Finale DX 2 in 1 Combination Booster Car Seat features a 5 point safety harness that...
- With extended use in both of its 2 modes, this car seat accommodates children from 30 to 65 pounds...
- Perfect for growing families and carpools, this lightweight seat is easy to move from car to car; 3...
8.Cosco Topside Booster Car Seat – Very Lightweight
It will accommodate your child from 40 pounds up to 100 pounds and can easily be transplanted from car to car. This Cosco booster seat will ensure your child is at a good height where the seatbelt will correctly fall across their chest and lap.
It’s also really convenient because it’s designed to not leave those annoying indentations other car seats leave when they’re removed from the car.
- Several colors to choose from
- Smooth Design
- Super lightweight
- Not much cushion for comfort
- Narrower than others
- Secure fit: The Cosco topside booster car seat gives your little one the extra height they need so...
- Suitable for 40 100 pounds: The seat is designed to hold children weighing between 40 and 100 pounds...
- Extra comfy plush pad: The booster helps make long rides more comfortable thanks to the plush...
The Brand: Cosco Car Seats Review
Before we move on to our top picks, we want to take a minute to highlight the main reasons we like Cosco car seats so much.
First and foremost, Cosco’s car seats offer the same protection as other high-end seats but at a fraction of the cost. Not everybody can afford to spend $200 plus on a car seat no matter how safe they want their child to be. Having inexpensive, but still good quality brands like Cosco to choose from really help families on a budget.
Ease of Cleaning
Another reason we love Cosco car seats is for their easy-to-clean qualities. Cosco car seat covers are removable and safe for the washing machine and dryer. This is super convenient for families who don’t have a lot of time to take extra care while washing.
And lastly, the lightweight designs of the different Cosco seats on the market really make it easy for parents who need to switch seats between cars regularly. It also really helps if you choose a travel system because you’ll be regularly lifting your infant carrier out of the car.
If you’re on the market for Cosco infant car seat, be on the lookout for seats that are stroller compatible. In most cases they are. However, you may or may not need to purchase extra attachments to secure it to the stroller.
Take note of what the car seat comes with in terms of stroller attachments and then you’ll be able to tell if it’s worth spending more money on the other parts (usually sold separately). In some cases, you may be able to find full travel systems that come with the seat, base, and stroller. These are ideal if you’re a first-time parent and you need the essential baby gear. Travel systems will save you money in the long run by buying everything together.
Buyer’s Guide: What To Look For
Before hitting “add to cart,” there are some things you need to keep in mind when considering a car seat for your child. A seats safety features, installation methods and comfort for your child are some of the most important among other things.
First and foremost, always make sure to note a particular seat’s safety features. Is it a five-point harness Does it come with extra padding? The more safety features a car seat boasts, the better it is. Depending on your child’s height and weight, you’ll want to make sure you’re choosing a seat that has both rear and forward-facing capabilities.
It’s recommended that children remain rear-facing until up to at least 40 pounds (source). Your child will be able to front face up to 65 pounds, and then they should switch to a belt-positioning booster seat.
You should also consider a car seat’s weight and durability. This ties back into the safety features discussed above. A heavier, more durable car seat is going to ensure that your child is safe in the event of a car accident.
Accidents aren’t something we want to imagine as parents, but making sure the car seat you choose will stay in one piece if that were to happen is important.
A car seat’s convenience factor will make or break the decision for you. You can have the “best” car seat on the market but if it has complicated installation instructions, you’re not going to want to deal with that. Car seats come with an owner’s manual, but sometimes you can even find quick instructions stickered right on the car seat.
Comfort, of course, is another important factor. No kid wants to spend a bunch of time on a hard plastic seat. Take note of any comfort features like memory foam cushions or extendable footrests.
While this isn’t as essential as say, safety features, it’s still something to keep in mind. If your child doesn’t like the car seat, then you’re going to be dealing with unwelcome tantrums and fights every time you get in the car. Unbiased Cosco Car Seat Reviews
It is hard to tell if the reviews online are unbiased. For example, consumer affairs’ Cosco car seat review page takes out the star ratings for most reviews. At times, companies are able to pay to remove star ratings.
Cosco Car Seat Roundup
If you’re looking for a safe car seat that won’t break the bank, Cosco is definitely a brand to consider. They offer essentially the same amenities that other brands offer with their car seats, but at a fraction of the price.
They’re also worth considering because there is a variety of seats ranging from infant seats to boosters, so you’re bound to find the right car seat for your child’s needs. Which of these seats is your favorite? Have you had any experience with any of these, good or bad? We want to hear it all!
Last update on 2020-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API