If you’re limited on trunk space and need a small stroller, then umbrella strollers are a good option. I was able to test the Chicco Liteway Stroller and found it to be versatile and affordable.
I did find this stroller to be lightweight and compact, but I can get the same thing from a cheap WalMart stroller too. I did find that my child enjoyed using the adjustable leg rest when they weren’t swinging their legs around. When they got tired, I was able to adjust the backrest in 4 different positions with just one hand.
While this stroller is great for traveling and is lightweight enough to carry around if needed, it’s tough to fold up with the cup holder attached. I needed to detach the cup holder and canopy in order to get it to fold properly. It was also difficult to maneuver as the wheels wanted to swivel in the wrong direction at some times.
I didn’t find any notable features with this umbrella stroller. I think the only reason the price is as high as it is is because it’s a Chicco brand stroller. There were actually more flaws than advantages.
I don’t recommend this umbrella stroller unless you can’t find anything else. It has no features worth talking about and it gave me more of a headache than anything.
The adjustable leg rest and the padding on the seat and harness allow for a more comfortable ride for your child. The rear-wheel suspension also makes the ride smooth, allowing your child to relax or sleep during their time in this stroller.
- Price Comparison
- Key Features
- Chicco Liteway Stroller, Fog
- Warranty Info
- Honest Customer Reviews
- Chicco Liteway vs. Summer Infant 3D Light
- Chicco Liteway vs. Maclaren Quest
- Matching Accessories
- 1. Munchkin Brica Deluxe Snack Pod in Blue/Grey
- 2. Bemece Stroller Rain Cover
- 3. Universal Stroller Glider Board for Kids
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Functional and Sturdy Stroller
Should your child fall asleep while in the stroller, the backrest reclines to four different positions
As far as safety goes, the Chicco Liteway stroller has some great features for only being an umbrella stroller. The five-point safety harness has two shoulder straps, two adjustment holes, a waist strap, and a crotch strap with a buckle. All these features combine to make sure your child fits safely and comfortably within the stroller.
Easy, toe-tap, rear brakes keep the stroller safely in place when it needs to be. Also, closing the stroller is a two-step process, so the stroller never accidentally starts to close while your child is sitting inside.
Padded handles add comfort to the adult pushing the stroller. An easy clip-on cup holder allows for a to-go drink to stay within arm’s reach. Also, the convenient storage basket underneath the stroller is available to carry anything that may keep your hands full, like a purse or shopping bag.
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- 4-position backrest with one-hand adjustment
- Rear-wheel suspension and front swivel wheels
- Compact fold and carrying handle
- Storage basket
- Handy parent cup holder for on-the-go drinks
- Adjustable leg rest for optimum comfort
- Padded handles
- Assembled Dimensions: 35″ x 19″ x 40″
- Folded Dimensions: 46″ x 10″ x 11.75″
- Front Wheel Diameter: 5.5″
- Rear Wheel Diameter: 7″
- Weight: 17.2 lbs.
The Chicco Liteway stroller does not have a posted expiration. The manual mentions that the stroller should not be used if any parts have become damaged in any way. It also mentions that using the stroller with a child over 40 pounds, or with more than one child at once, will cause unnecessary wear and tear on the stroller.
Chicco offers a 2-year warranty for manufacturing defects on all their products. The warranty begins from the date of purchase and is valid only with proof of purchase, so save your receipt.
Honest Customer Reviews
The Chicco Liteway stroller has generally positive reviews; however, some customers have some strongly negative things to say.
What We Like
- Great for Travel
- Lightweight and Easy to Fold
- Convenient to use for Trips, such as Disney World
- Proper Height, Comfortable Handles, and Cup Holders
- Sturdier and More Comfortable than Other Comparable Umbrella Strollers
- Has a Clip that Holds both Sides of the Stroller Together Once Folded
- Easy to Assemble
What We Don’t Like
- The Stroller Does not Fold Correctly without Removing the Cup Holder and Canopy
- The Front Wheels Swivel in the Wrong Direction at Times
- The Stroller Difficult to Maneuver
- Shoulder Straps are Difficult to Adjust
- The Sunshade is Not Long Enough to Cover the Child
- Some Pieces of the Stroller Tend to Detach at Random During Opening and Closing
Chicco Liteway vs. Summer Infant 3D Light
The Chicco Liteway stroller and the Summer Infant 3D Light stroller are actually quite similar. Both have a lightweight aluminum frame and fold compactly for easy travel. Customers mention easy assembly for both strollers, as well as easy steps for opening and closing.
The Summer Infant 3D Light, however, is not as padded and comfortable as the Chicco Liteway, leaving your childless comfortable during their ride.
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- 4-position recline
- A 5-point safety harness with padded straps
- Large storage basket and detachable cup holder
- Lockable rear wheels
- Similar in price
- Summer Infant 3D Light has a higher weight limit of 50 pounds instead of the Chicco Liteway’s 40-pound limit.
- The Summer Infant 3D Light has an extra sunshade for more protection from the sun.
- The Summer Infant 3D Light is lighter by 4 pounds.
Chicco Liteway vs. Maclaren Quest
For example, both strollers have an extendable sunshade; however, the canopy on the Maclaren Quest is UPF 50+, waterproof, and has a peek-a-boo flap that allows you to check on your child inside.
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Easy compact fold
- Padding on handles for parent comfort
- 5-point safety harness
- Soft, padded seat back with 4-position recline
- Foot-operated rear wheel brakes
- Maclaren offers a lifetime warranty for their Quest stroller as long as it is registered within 60 days of purchase.
- The sun canopy on the Maclaren Quest stroller is UPF 50+, waterproof, and has a window flap so you can see your child.
- The Maclaren Quest has a one-click fold.
- The Maclaren Quest does not come with a detachable cup holder.
- The Maclaren Quest does not have padded straps on its safety harness.
- The Maclaren Quest allows for children up to 55 pounds.
- The Maclaren Quest is significantly more expensive, depending on the color you choose.
Chicco does not make accessories specifically for the Liteway stroller; however, the following universal accessories go great with this umbrella stroller.
1. Munchkin Brica Deluxe Snack Pod in Blue/Grey
This snack pod has a clamp that quickly attaches to almost any shape to keep food and drink handy for your child. One side is a cup holder for a child’s sippy cup, while the other is a snack holder. This attachment is made of durable plastic and is top-rack dishwasher-safe, so it is easy to clean.
This universal rain cover protects your child from rain, wind, snow, sand, dust, etc. The durable material is large enough to cover the entire stroller, and the waterproof zipper does not allow any leaks. Strong Velcro straps attach this cover to your stroller, so it is not blown off by strong gusts of wind.
3. Universal Stroller Glider Board for Kids
Although this attachment is almost as expensive as the stroller itself, this glider board allows for another child to use the stroller. It is fully compatible with the Chicco Liteway stroller and clips on-to the bottom to support another child up to 70 lbs. This is the perfect attachment for families with multiple children.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you open a Chicco Liteway stroller?
To open the Chicco Liteway stroller from a compacted position, the side-mounted locking mechanism must be released. Then, push the front part of the stroller forward towards the ground while holding the handlebars. Once the stroller is standing, simply push down on the center of the rear safety bars with your hand or foot until they lock into place.
Does the Chicco Liteway stroller recline?
Yes, the Chicco Liteway stroller has four reclining positions for your child. Behind the back-piece of the stroller is an adjustable handle that you can squeeze with one hand to adjust. Choose any of the four reclining positions to make your child comfortable.
How do you fold up a Chicco Liteway stroller?
Folding the Chicco Liteway stroller takes two steps. First, lift-up on the handle located in the center of the rear safety bars. Second, step down on the foot lever to release the bars completely. After those two steps, the stroller can be folded all the way flat to the ground easily.
How do you clean a Chicco Liteway stroller?
The removable fabrics of a Chicco Liteway stroller can be hand-washed in cold water and hung to dry. Any fabrics that are not removable can be spot cleaned with a damp cloth. Plastic or metal parts of the stroller may also be wiped down with a damp cloth.
Functional and Sturdy Stroller
The Chicco Liteway stroller is a sturdy and functional umbrella stroller that is great for travel. It is more comfortable than the typical umbrella stroller and is safe for your child to ride in.
The soft, padded handles and cup holder make it convenient and easy for parents to use as well. Whether you need an extra stroller for vacations or an easy-to-use stroller for home, the Chicco Liteway is the answer.