The Chicco Liteway stroller is a sturdy umbrella stroller with a sleek and fashionable aesthetic.
Known for its lightweight and compact, easy fold, this stroller is perfect for on-the-go families.
It can be used for children from 6 months to 40 pounds.
Even though it is lightweight and portable, the Chicco Liteway stroller is a more comfortable and sturdy option than a traditional umbrella stroller.
The adjustable leg rest and the padding on the seat and harness allow for a more comfortable ride for your child.
The rear-wheel suspension also makes the ride smooth, allowing your child to relax or sleep during their time in this stroller.
Should your child fall asleep while in the stroller, the backrest reclines to four different positions
As far as safety goes, the Chicco Liteway stroller has some great features for only being an umbrella stroller.
The five-point safety harness has two shoulder straps, two adjustment holes, a waist strap, and a crotch strap with a buckle.
All these features combine to make sure your child fits safely and comfortably within the stroller.
Easy, toe-tap, rear brakes keep the stroller safely in place when it needs to be.
Also, closing the stroller is a two-step process, so the stroller never accidentally starts to close while your child is sitting inside.
Padded handles add comfort to the adult pushing the stroller.
An easy clip-on cup holder allows for a to-go drink to stay within arm’s reach.
Also, the convenient storage basket underneath the stroller is available to carry anything that may keep your hands full, like a purse or shopping bag.
- 4-position backrest easily adjusts with one hand for growing children
- Adjustable, removable canopy with peek-a-boo window
- The Liteway stroller holds children up to 40lbs only. Any child larger than 40lbs will have trouble...
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- 4-position backrest with one-hand adjustment
- Rear-wheel suspension and front swivel wheels
- Compact fold and carrying handle
- Storage basket
- Handy parent cup holder for on-the-go drinks
- Adjustable leg rest for optimum comfort
- Padded handles
- Assembled Dimensions: 35″ x 19″ x 40″
- Folded Dimensions: 46″ x 10″ x 11.75″
- Front Wheel Diameter: 5.5″
- Rear Wheel Diameter: 7″
- Weight: 17.2 lbs.
The Chicco Liteway stroller does not have a posted expiration.
The manual mentions that the stroller should not be used if any parts have become damaged in any way.
It also mentions that using the stroller with a child over 40 pounds, or with more than one child at once, will cause unnecessary wear and tear on the stroller.
Chicco offers a 2-year warranty for manufacturing defects on all their products.
The warranty begins from the date of purchase and is valid only with proof of purchase, so save your receipt.
Honest Customer Reviews
The Chicco Liteway stroller has generally positive reviews; however, some customers have some strongly negative things to say.
- Great for Travel
- Lightweight and Easy to Fold
- Convenient to use for Trips, such as Disney World
- Proper Height, Comfortable Handles, and Cup Holders
- Sturdier and More Comfortable than Other Comparable Umbrella Strollers
- Has a Clip that Holds both Sides of the Stroller Together Once Folded
- Easy to Assemble
- The Stroller Does not Fold Correctly without Removing the Cup Holder and Canopy
- The Front Wheels Swivel in the Wrong Direction at Times
- The Stroller Difficult to Maneuver
- Shoulder Straps are Difficult to Adjust
- The Sunshade is Not Long Enough to Cover the Child
- Some Pieces of the Stroller Tend to Detach at Random During Opening and Closing
Chicco Liteway vs. Summer Infant 3D Light
Customers mention easy assembly for both strollers, as well as easy steps for opening and closing.
The Summer Infant 3D Light, however, is not as padded and comfortable as the Chicco Liteway, leaving your child less comfortable during their ride.
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- 4-position recline
- A 5-point safety harness with padded straps
- Large storage basket and detachable cup holder
- Lockable rear wheels
- Similar in price
- Summer Infant 3D Light has a higher weight limit of 50 pounds instead of the Chicco Liteway’s 40-pound limit.
- The Summer Infant 3D Light has an extra sunshade for more protection from the sun.
- The Summer Infant 3D Light is lighter by 4 pounds.
- LIGHTWEIGHT – A lightweight stroller makes any outing a little easier! The Summer 3Dlite...
- FOR TRAVEL AND EVERYDAY – Whether you’re traveling or just on the go running everyday errands,...
- 4-POSITION RECLINE - Keep your little one comfortable and safe at all times with the 4 position...
Chicco Liteway vs. Maclaren Quest
For example, both strollers have an extendable sunshade; however, the canopy on the Maclaren Quest is UPF 50+, waterproof, and has a peek-a-boo flap that allows you to check on your child inside.
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Easy compact fold
- Padding on handles for parent comfort
- 5-point safety harness
- Soft, padded seat back with 4-position recline
- Foot-operated rear wheel brakes
- Maclaren offers a lifetime warranty for their Quest stroller as long as it is registered within 60 days of purchase.
- The sun canopy on the Maclaren Quest stroller is UPF 50+, waterproof, and has a window flap so you can see your child.
- The Maclaren Quest has a one-click fold.
- The Maclaren Quest does not come with a detachable cup holder.
- The Maclaren Quest does not have padded straps on its safety harness.
- The Maclaren Quest allows for children up to 55 pounds.
- The Maclaren Quest is significantly more expensive, depending on the color you choose.
- The All New Collection Tailored to perfection to reduce weight, improve ergonomics and add style....
- Basic weight of 5.5kg/12.2lb; Ideal for newborns and children up to 25kg/55lb
- Every Maclaren includes a premium wind-resistant Rain cover in-the-box; Compatible with the Maclaren...
Chicco does not make accessories specifically for the Liteway stroller; however, the following universal accessories go great with this umbrella stroller.
1. Munchkin Brica Deluxe Snack Pod in Blue/Grey
This snack pod has a clamp that quickly attaches to almost any shape to keep food and drink handy for your child. One side is a cup holder for a child’s sippy cup, while the other is a snack holder.
This attachment is made of durable plastic and is top-rack dishwasher-safe, so it is easy to clean.
- Improved deluxe snack pod includes a snack catcher and drink holder for snacks on the go
- Tray easily detaches for dishwasher cleaning
- Quick-attach clamp with secure grip can attach to almost any shape, tube, rail or seat
This universal rain cover protects your child from rain, wind, snow, sand, dust, etc. The durable material is large enough to cover the entire stroller, and the waterproof zipper does not allow any leaks.
Strong Velcro straps attach this cover to your stroller, so it is not blown off by strong gusts of wind.
- Universal Size: Bemece Rain Cover fits most stroller pushchair buggy and pram.
- All-Round Protection: Stroller Rain Cover can protect baby from rain, wind, snow, cold and dust.
- Large Window: With the see-through large window it is great for baby lift in and out of stroller,...
3. Universal Stroller Glider Board for Kids
Although this attachment is almost as expensive as the stroller itself, this glider board allows for another child to use the stroller.
It is fully compatible with the Chicco Liteway stroller and clips on-to the bottom to support another child up to 70 lbs. This is the perfect attachment for families with multiple children.
- Gender Neutral Stroller Skateboard – Perfect for boys and girls alike!!! This glider standing...
- Installs on 95% of Baby Stroller Models – This lightweight buggy can snap on to your stroller...
- Hold Kids Up To 70 POUNDS – Reinforced stand board is upgraded with strengthened wheels and many...
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you open a Chicco Liteway stroller?
To open the Chicco Liteway stroller from a compacted position, the side-mounted locking mechanism must be released. Then, push the front part of the stroller forward towards the ground while holding the handlebars. Once the stroller is standing, simply push down on the center of the rear safety bars with your hand or foot until they lock into place.
Does the Chicco Liteway stroller recline?
Yes, the Chicco Liteway stroller has four reclining positions for your child. Behind the back-piece of the stroller is an adjustable handle that you can squeeze with one hand to adjust. Choose any of the four reclining positions to make your child comfortable.
How do you fold up a Chicco Liteway stroller?
Folding the Chicco Liteway stroller takes two steps. First, lift-up on the handle located in the center of the rear safety bars. Second, step down on the foot lever to release the bars completely. After those two steps, the stroller can be folded all the way flat to the ground easily.
How do you clean a Chicco Liteway stroller?
The removable fabrics of a Chicco Liteway stroller can be hand-washed in cold water and hung to dry. Any fabrics that are not removable can be spot cleaned with a damp cloth. Plastic or metal parts of the stroller may also be wiped down with a damp cloth.
Functional and Sturdy Stroller
The Chicco Liteway stroller is a sturdy and functional umbrella stroller that is great for travel.
It is more comfortable than the typical umbrella stroller and is safe for your child to ride in.
The soft, padded handles and cup holder make it convenient and easy for parents to use as well.
Whether you need an extra stroller for vacations or an easy-to-use stroller for home, the Chicco Liteway is the answer.
Last update on 2020-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API