The Chicco Kidfit Booster Car Seat is one of the safest 2-in-1 boosters (highback & backless). Read our detailed review with its unique features. Children grow much faster than we ever expect. Finding a high-quality booster that will grow with them is a must.
Specifically, the KidFit provides head and shoulder protection that gives a boost to bigger kids. This is ideal for those who have outgrown their forward-facing seats and ready to move from a five-point harness.
Boasting 10 height positions, this seat adjusts from the waist. This means the head and shoulder area is best protected at every stage. Additionally, DuoZone’s side-impact protection means complete safety for your child.
- Weight & Height Limits
- How Stable Chicco Kidfit Is When Installed?
- Safety Rating and Warranty
- Honest Reviews
- Safety issues to consider
- The Add-ons
- Matching Accessories
- 1. Replacement Cup Holder
- 2. Kneeguard Kids Car Seat Foot Rest for Children
- 3. SSAWcasa Seat Belt Pillow for Kids
- Installation – step by step
- Frequently asked Questions
- This 2-in-1 Booster Has It All
Weight & Height Limits
- 30- 100 pound limit with the high back mode
- 40 – 110 pound limit in the backless mode
- Height ranges from 38-57 inches for both modes
|Graco Tranzitions 3 In 1 Harness Booster Seat|
|Graco Highback Turbo Booster Car Seat|
How Stable Chicco Kidfit Is When Installed?
Chicco developed an exclusive technology to not only make all their car seats safer but also to simplify parents’ life. It is a force-multiplying Latch tightener that helps to achieve a tight fit with little effort.
Safety Rating and Warranty
This seat is not approved for air travel because there is no proper seat belt. The extremely safe booster seat grows with the child through the years, ages 4 and up. Warranty information is not provided on the website, but a warranty can be requested from the manufacturer.
When enacting the warranty, proof of purchase and photos will be required. However, this can be completed online. The warranty will not transfer if the product is purchased second hand.
There are no known recalls on the Chicco KidFit Booster as of 2019. This includes parts, warnings, or any other recall format. Assuming the booster seat is installed properly, according to directions, and the child is secured, this is a safe option.
Parents are often the best judges of car seat and booster seat features. A few pros and cons are shared below.
What We Like
- 4.8 out of 5 stars overall
- Reasonably priced
- Amply cushioned
- Easy to install
- Cup holders can be folded in for convenience
- Good seat depth for taller children
What We Don’t Like
- Can push child forward in certain vehicles
- The child cannot lay head back, must be to the side
- Seat belt anchors are too short
- Seat belt slips out of the guide
- Insecure cup holders
- The belt must be buckled when not in use
Safety issues to consider
- A child needs to be able to sit relatively still throughout the car ride for this seat.
- A child should also be able to leave the lap belt in position each time they are in this seat.
- A child should be the proper weight and height for a seat of this type.
- A child under 4 years of age should not use this seat.
Add a double or triple foam padding, a kid console, or even cup holders to complete the booster seat. Optional leg rest and AirMesh backrest can also add to the look and appeal. The Chicco Booster Seat MyFit design is created with extra padding as desired.
This makes sure a child is comfortable and safe in this lightweight, 10.2-pound, booster seat. With comfort and convenience in mind, the cup holders fold in when others need to sit beside the car seat.
- DuoZone combined head and shoulder side-impact protection with 10 positions for growing children
- SuperCinch LATCH attachment and one-pull tightener helps keep KidFit in place and kid-ready for easy...
- ErgoBoost double foam padding and contoured seat design provide support in all the right places....
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Chicco KidFit Zip Air is highly rated for safety and the optional accessories make it custom for each child. The cup holders can be placed on either side and are dishwasher safe.
If only one cupholder is desired, then a kid-size console can be added. This allows children to keep small items close at hand. This also tucks in when more space is needed for other passengers.
2. Kneeguard Kids Car Seat Foot Rest for Children
For children who may want to relax a bit more, add the leg rest so legs are not dangling. Perfect to use for several years to keep a child comfortable. The simple to use footrest is great for travel or every day. It also easily makes a transition from high back to a booster seat.
3. SSAWcasa Seat Belt Pillow for Kids
The optional back is ideal for young children who are not quite ready for just the booster seat. As the child grows, remove the back, but keep the child at the optimal height for safety.
Both can be used with the regular seat belt across the chest and waist. To keep the seatbelt from rubbing the child and to help it stay in the guide, try a seat belt pillow.
Installation – step by step
The installation of the high back booster seat is simple. The following is an abbreviated guide.
- Place the booster in a forward-facing seat. Push the car seat against the back of the car seat.
- If the car headrest pushed against the headrest of the car seat, remove the headrest or use without the high back.
- Use LATCH connectors if available or pull tight to prevent interference.
- Place the child in the seat with back against the back of the seat firmly.
- Position the shoulder belt at or slightly above the child’s shoulders with the bottom across the thighs.
- Always buckle the seatbelt.
Removal of Backrest
- Turn the seat over and press down on the release.
- Rotate the seat and remove the bottom.
- Tuck the fabric panel between the seat and fabric cover.
Frequently asked Questions
What is the best booster car seat?
Chicco KidFit is the highest rated in this particular price range. There are better-rated versions in a much higher price range.
How do you buckle a booster car seat?
Depending on the type of belt used, the booster either uses a seat belt or harness. Use the LATCH system to secure the seat. Make sure the belt guides are used to buckle a child into the booster seat.
What is the safest high back booster seat?
For 2019, the Graco Nautilus 65 LX 3-in-1 Harness Booster Car Seat is considered the safest. However, Chicco KidFit ranks in the top ten.
When can you use a high back booster?
A high back booster seat should only be used after the child turns four years old due to a lack of harness. This may vary slightly based on weight and height. Some children may move up slightly sooner or later than others depending on growth.
This 2-in-1 Booster Has It All
Chicco KidFit Booster Seat is a safe and affordable option for children who are transitioning to a booster. With its unique features such as extra padding and leg rest, this booster seat has it all.
The 8-year expiration date means this can grow with a child until they are ready to be booster seat free. Safe, secure, and long-lasting; there is nothing more that is needed.