After much research and testing, Graco Extend2Fit 2-in-1 convertible car seat made our top pick for the best Graco car seat of 2023. Thanks to the extension panel, this car seat provides 5′ of extra legroom allowing your child to remain in the safer rear-facing position way longer than conventional rear-facing car seats.
A child in a car seat is 70-80% safer than one without a car seat—but the car seat’s quality also matters. Like many other parents, I prefer buying safety-rated items for my child from reputable brands with established track records. Graco stands out as one of the best brands in the market.
The company has 90+ certified passenger safety technicians who test each product at their dedicated facility in Atlanta, Georgia. They ensure every Graco car seat meets or exceeds the safety standards set by the US government.
However, when I tried to buy a Graco car seat for my baby, I was overwhelmed by the variety of options. You don’t have to go through the same frustration as I did. So, to help make your purchase decision easier, I’ve gone through several car seat comparisons, safety guidelines, and user feedback to compile a list of the 15 best Graco car seats for 2023.
Let’s get started!
Top 5 Graco Car Seats on the List
|Product Image||Product Name / Primary Rating / Price||Primary Button|
Product Selection Criteria
To make it easier for you to choose the best Graco car seat, I’ve considered the following points:
I don’t care how cheap or cute a seat is – if it’s not safe, then I’m not interested. That’s why each car seat featured here has earned the spot. I looked for a minimum five-star rating from consumer review sites, the manufacturer’s safety ratings, and other relevant safety certifications where possible.
Comfort and Convenience
Every seat here offers additional features that make traveling with children easier, such as removable cup holders, soft fabrics and padding to maximize comfort and adjustable headrests. I also looked for fully-reclinable seats that can be used in different positions, allowing your child to get the rest they need during long drives.
Car seats are often tricky to install—involving complicated buckles and straps that are hard to maneuver. That’s why I looked for seats designed with easy LATCH connectors, compatibility with cars not equipped with the LATCH system and easy-to-follow instructions. Many also come with a built-in level indicator to ensure the seat is positioned correctly.
A truthful recommendation is the best way to learn about a product. That’s why I read through hundreds of customer reviews (both positive and negative) before making my selection. I looked for unbiased opinions from parents who have actually used the seat themselves and can offer real-world advice on how the seat performs.
Graco Car Seat Safety
Graco has been creating products for babies and small children for over 65 years. Their designers and engineers go above and beyond national safety standards to create the safest car seat for your child.
Graco operates its own crash test facility in Atlanta, Georgia. There, each car seat design is frontal-impact, side-impact, rear-impact, and roll-over tested to guarantee that each model meets or exceeds the United States and European standards.
Graco also tests how extreme temperatures affect the long-term life of your car seat to ensure that they remain safe throughout the years.
A number of Graco’s infant seats include an anti-rebound bar for additional rear-facing safety. Some models include additional TrueShield technology which goes beyond standard side-impact protection and adds more protection around your child’s head and hips.
For even more head protection, Safe Surround technology provides advanced protection at every stage of your child’s development.
In addition to a commitment to safety, Graco aims to add convenience to parents’ lives. They created the SnugLock installation system to easily install your car seat. It works with both the car seatbelt and the LATCH system. Removable seat covers are machine washable.
Here’s a look at the various options and their specifications.
Graco Car Seats Comparisons
|Name||Weight Limit||Height Limit||Mode|
|Graco Snugride Snuglock Car Seat||4-35 lbs.||32"||Rear-Facing|
|Graco Snugride Snuglock Exted2Fit 35 Car Seat||4-35 lbs.||35"||Rear-Facing|
|Graco Snugride 35 Car Seat||4-35 lbs.||32"||Rear-Facing|
|Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Seat||4-65 lbs.||49"||Both Rear-Facing/Forward-Facing|
|Graco Milestone Convertible Seat||5-100 lbs.||57"||Both Rear-Facing/Forward-Facing|
|Graco 4Ever 4-In-1 Convertible Seat||4-120 lbs.||57"||Both Rear-Facing/Forward-Facing|
|Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Seat||4-65 lbs.||49"||Both Rear-Facing/Forward-Facing|
|Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Seat||5-65 lbs.||49"||Both Rear-Facing/Forward-Facing|
|Graco Highback Turbo Booster Seat||40-100 lbs.||57"||Highback Booster|
|Graco Affix Backless Booster||40-100 lbs.||57"||Backless Booster|
14 Best Graco Car Seats Of 2023
1- Graco Snugride Snuglock 35 LX – Affordable Infant Car Seat
The Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 LX Infant Car Seat is a high-quality and reliable car seat designed to keep your baby safe and comfortable during car rides. This car seat is FAA-approved, making it perfect for air travel. With a weight limit of up to 35 pounds, it can be used for infants and small toddlers, and it has a rear-facing limit of up to 35 inches, ensuring that your baby can use it for a long time.
The SnugLock technology makes it easy to install, and it has been rigorously tested to ensure its safety. It also comes with a 5-point harness system and a removable head and body support to keep your baby secure and comfortable.
The Graco Snugride Snuglock 35 LX Infant Seat is the perfect choice for families on a budget who don’t want to compromise their child’s safety. Not only does it come with advanced protection from head to hips in the event of a side impact, but it also offers hassle-free installation – all in one click, either with LATCH or a vehicle seat belt.
Its Silent Shade Canopy and quilted head and body support are sure to keep even the fussiest of babies calm during those car rides. And if you’re a multitasking mom, you’ll love the one-hand handle adjustment—no more juggling between fixing the car seat and handling your baby.
One of my friends who switched from a Maxi Cosi car seat to Graco Snugride Snuglock 35 was praiseworthy. She especially mentioned how the canopy is so quiet and breathable. Plus, the one-click handle makes it so easy to lift and take a car seat in and out.
- Hassle-free installation
- Silent Shade Canopy
- Compatible with Graco Click Connect strollers
- Better performance in crash results
- The latch strap can be difficult to tighten
- Lower quality
2- Graco SnugRide SnugLock Extend2Fit 35 – Safest Graco Infant Car Seat
- Convertible car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness ( 4-50lbs) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds)
- Extend2Fit 4-position adjustable extension panel provides up to 5" additional legroom, allowing your child to safely ride rear-facing longer
- Up to 50 pounds rear-facing, allowing your child to safely ride rear-facing longer
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered. Removable, plush head and body inserts help to keep your infant feeling cradled and comfortable
- Simply Safe Adjust no-rethread headrest and harness adjust together
- Product Dimensions : 21.5"D x 19.5"W x 23.5"H, Weight: 19 lb
Graco SnugRide SnugLock Extend2Fit 35 has two major features that make it a top pick in terms of safety. One is the adjustable harness system that keeps your baby snug and secure, and the other is an anti-rebound bar that helps reduce the car seat rotation in the event of a frontal impact.
But the best part I love about this seat is the 4-position Extension Panel which provides 3.5″ of extra legroom. This means your baby can safely remain rear-facing for longer. It grows with your little one, starting from 4 pounds and up to 35 pounds, making it an excellent first car seat for your baby.
And expect several other features like the Latch system, level indicator, shade canopy, and one-hand adjustable handles. Overall, it is a great choice for parents who want the best for their babies!
- High safety and crash test ratings
- 4-position Extension Panel provides extra legroom
- Easy installation with the LATCH system
- Grows with your baby up to 35 lbs and 35 inches
- On the heavier side, with 21 pounds
3- Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite – The Most Comfortable Infant Seat
- Snug Lock Technology features a hassle-free 3-step installation rear-facing car seat that helps protect infants from 4 to 35 pounds and up to 32 Inches quick and easy clean up with the Rapid Remove cover; the Head must be more than 1 inch from the top of the headrest Infant car seats made 2011 or after
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the headrest and harness together to prevent rethreading Safety Core absorbs frontal crash forces
- Adjustable base with 4 recline positions and easy-to-read bubble level indicator InRight Latch system for a one-second Latch attachment. Do not use bleach
- Rotating canopy with window and visor provides shade and sun; Protection for baby removable newborn head and body; Support cushions for baby
- Check your local and state laws, as well as AAP and NHTSA recommendations, for car seat usage Engineered & rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed US Standard FMVSS 213; Machine washable seat cushion and canopy; Metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and cool water; Buckle may be cleaned with a damp cloth; Harness straps may be cleaned with a damp cloth
The SnugLock 35 Elite ticks all the boxes when it comes to safety, comfort, and convenience for parents. First, let me appreciate the amazing side cushioning, which is the highlight of this seat. It offers a lot of support, and if you have a preemie, this car seat is undoubtedly your best bet. And since the pillows are removable, parents can adjust them according to their little one’s needs.
The seat cushion and canopy are machine washable, and you can clean the metal and plastic parts with mild soap and water. The seat also works with all Graco click-connect strollers and seat bases of certain other models.
At 18 pounds, the Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite is not too heavy, making it easy to take it with you when traveling.
- Hassle-free 3-step installation
- Machine washable seat cushion
- Compatible with other bases
- Some buyers mentioned that the sunshade is squeaky
4- Graco SnugRide 35 Lite – The Lightest Weight Infant Car Seat
The Graco Snugride is a top-rated infant car seat that offers superior safety features, comfort, and peace of mind for parents on the go. It is FAA approved for airplane use, has a weight limit of up to 30 pounds and a height limit of up to 30 inches, and can be used in a rear-facing position for infants as small as 4 pounds.
With its 5-point harness system, side-impact protection, and compatibility with Graco strollers, it exceeds US safety standards, has a good track record in crash tests and has not been subject to any significant recall issues.
This one is called “Lite” because it weighs only 7.2 lbs – one of the lightest weight infant car seats you can find. But don’t worry about any compromise in terms of safety. It is equipped with the revolutionary ProtectPlus Engineered, which provides head-to-toe protection for your baby. The 4-position adjustable base and level indicator offer your baby an accurate install and comfort as they grow.
This car seat is excellent for parents who are always on the go. I love the lightweight design and ease of installation. The only lack I could find is that the support around the head and neck area is not thick. Still, it is an excellent product with unbeatable value for money.
- Lightweight at just 7.5 pounds
- 4 recline positions for the best fit in your vehicle
- Easy-to-read level indicator for hassle-free setup
- No extra padding for added comfort
- Smaller seats as compared to other options, the baby may outgrow it sooner
5- Graco Extend2Fit 2-in-1 – The Best Overall
- Convertible car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (4-50 pounds) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds)
- Made of Steel reinforced
- Product dimensions – 21.5” D x 19.5” W x 23.5” H; Product weight – 19.25 pounds
If you want to keep your baby rear-facing for as long as possible, the Graco Extend2Fit 2-in-1 Convertible Seat is a great option.
All thanks to the extend2fit feature, this seat allows your child to ride rear-facing until they reach 50 pounds – way past the average weight limit (40 pounds) for this position!
And that’s because it adds 5 inches of legroom, making it way more comfortable for your little passenger. As a convertible car seat, it also grows with your child. So when your baby is over 50 pounds, you can easily turn it into a forward-facing seat and use it for a few more years.
The body has a durable steel-reinforced frame and thick, soft padding, so your child will have a comfortable and safe ride.
- Extended rear-facing weight limit (4-50 lbs)
- Additional legroom for extra comfort
- Comfortable padding
- Impressive crash test results
- Not recommended for newborns-may not provide the snug fit they need
- The Latch release button is slightly hard
6- Graco Milestone 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat – Multipurpose Seat
- 3-in-1 car seat helps to protect your child from rear-facing harness (5 - 40 pounds) to forward-facing harness (22 - 65 pounds), to highback booster (40-100 pounds)
- Graco ProtectPlus is Engineered to help protect your little one in frontal, side, rear, and rollover crashes.
- No-Rethread Harness: Simply safe adjust harness system adjusts the headrest and harness in one motion, to ensure proper fit
- 4-position recline helps ensure a secure installation and helps keep your growing child comfy on your many journeys together
- Graco’s exclusive push-button InRight LATCH provides an easy, one-second attachment with an audible click to help ensure secure installation
- 10 headrest height positions help you to get the safest fit for your child as they grow
- Integrated harness storage compartment keeps the harness safely stored away without removing while in belt-positioning booster mode
I love when a product lasts through the years, but many of those tend to be oversized or pricey. But this seat beats all odds, so I’m a fan of Graco’s Milestone All-in-1 Car Seat. If you want more information, you can read my detailed review.
This 3-in-1 convertible car seat can take your child from newborn to pre-teen years. As your baby grows, the seat can grow right along with them until they’re 100 pounds.
To make it even better, this car seat has four recline positions and 10 headdress height positions. It has Hraco’s patent all-over ProtectPlus padding to keep your kid safe and comfortable. And finally, several moms, including me, are vouching for the ease of installation with the InRight LATCH system.
- Versatile and grows with your child
- Easy to change between rear-facing, forward-facing, and belt-positioning booster
- Super safe install with push-button InRight LATCH
- Integrated harness storage compartment
- May not fit in smaller cars
7- Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat – Longest Lasting Combination Seat
- 4-in-1 seat grows with your child, providing 10 years of use from 4-120 pounds
- Extend2Fit 4-position extension panel offers 5" additional legroom
- Rear-facing position accommodates up to 50 pounds for longer use
- Plush inserts keep your child comfortable and the seat cover is washable
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows for one-hand, 10-position adjustable headrest and harness adjustment
- In Right LATCH system for easy, one-second attachment and integrated belt lock-off for easy seat belt installation
- The easy-to-read level indicator helps eliminate installation guesswork
- 2 integrated cup holders and harness storage compartment in belt-positioning booster mode
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered provides rigorous crash testing for frontal, side, rear, and rollover crashes as well as extreme temperatures.
If I have to pick one car seat for my child that would last a lifetime, I will go with the Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat. This seat has a ten-year lifespan—ideal for parents who don’t want to keep buying new car seats as their child grows.
The 4-in-1 combination offers an extended rear-facing position of up to 50 lbs, a forward-facing mode of up to 65 lbs, and a high back or backless booster of up to 120 lbs.
What makes it so versatile are the Extend2Fit extension panel and adjustable plush inserts that offer extra comfort and space. And for the moms’ convenience, the washable cover and harness storage compartment makes it easier to clean and store when needed.
The only downside I’ve noticed is that the headrest rattles when the seat is empty, but that’s a minor issue. Overall, I can confidently say that this car seat is worth every penny.
- Ten years of use, from 4-120 lbs
- Adjustable plush inserts for extra comfort
- Washable seat cover and harness storage compartment
- Integrated cup holders and belt lock-off
- Headrest rattles when empty
- On the heavier side, with 36 pounds
8- Graco SlimFit All-in-One – Best in Space Saving
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (5-40 pounds) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds) to highback booster (40-100 pounds)
- Slim design with dual integrated cup holders that rotate away, making the seat 10% slimmer to save valuable back seat space
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: A combination of the most rigorous crash tests that helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes
Typically, the multimode car seats are big and take up a lot of space. But with the Graco SlimFit All-in-One, you don’t have to worry about the size. It’s big enough to accommodate your kid until they hit 100 pounds, yet still fits snugly in your car with its 10% slimmer design.
With the steel reinforced frame, this seat is made to last for ten years, so you don’t have to keep replacing car seats. And thanks to the no-rethread harness system, you can easily adjust it as your child grows. It’s also a catch on price point compared to other car seats in the same category.
- Space saver
- 10 years expiration date
- Push-button InRight LATCH for easy installation
- Tightening the strap can be tricky
9- Graco 4Ever DLX 4-in-1 Car Seat – The Pricey One
- 4-in-1 car seat gives you 10 years of use: Seamlessly transforms from rear-facing harness car seat...
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover...
- Simply safe adjust harness system adjusts the height of your harness and headrest to 10 positions in...
This one is an upgrade of the Graco 4ever 4-in-1 we discussed above. The difference is that this model has an entirely removable seat cover and a rubberized harness.
Considering the price, I was expecting more. Yes, it does offer some great features; it’s a 4-in-1 car seat, meaning it will grow with your child from rear-facing to a booster seat.
Graco has also done a great job ensuring the 4Ever DLX is comfortable and secure throughout every stage. There are plenty of safety features such as the Graco Protect Plus engineering, Simply Safe Adjust harness system, 6-position recline, and integrated belt lock-off for easy installation.
While this is a solid car seat, it just didn’t seem to outperform the competition in any measurable way.
- 4 orientations in one seat
- 10-position non-rethread harness height adjustment
- Dual cup holders
- Good crash test performance
- Pricey compared to similar car seats with better features and scores
- Lack in terms of design and color choice
10- Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat – The Easiest Seat To Clean
This seat has a sleek design and trendy details. The pop of color on its seam and the floral print makes it a very attractive seat. It is engineered to be super safe and it did well on crash tests. The Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat meets or exceeds every federal standard.
I have selected the Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat as the easiest-to-clean car seat because of the rapid cover removal and machine-washable feature. Although several other models offer it too, many parents have specially mentioned it as the design in this model is incredibly well-made and easy to use and remove when required—you don’t need to uninstall the seat at any stage.
The side impact protection, Safety Adjust Harness system, and LATCH system make it the optimal choice for parents. Plus, you can customize the headrest and harness in eight different positions, which is the highest on our list so far.
This seat has only one cup holder. But I’m sure it won’t make a difference for many parents looking for a trustworthy and reliable car seat.
- 2 in 1 convertible car seat
- Side impact tested
- Rapid remove cover and machine washable
- Sleek design and trendy details
- 8-position adjustable harness
- Only 1 cup holder
11- Graco Nautilus 65 3-in-1 Harness Booster – Best Build Quality
- 3-in-1 harness booster helps protect your child, from toddler to youth
- Grows with your child from forward-facing harness (22-65 lb) to highback booster (40-100 lb) to backless booster (40-120 lb)
- No-Rethread Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
- Fuss-free harness storage to get your child in and out easily
- Removable body support helps keep your child comfy
This front-facing seat turns into a high-back booster and backless booster, giving you the ultimate value for your money. The Nautilus series is one of the most spacious Graco seats in its category, making it comfortable for growing children. But at the same time, it can be a bit bulky or heavy for the parents who have to move it around.
On the positive side, this seat offers a 5-point adjustable harness system, so once it’s installed, your kid can easily buckle themselves in it. The build quality is also quite good, so it’ll last you for a while.
- 3-in-1 harness to the booster that grows with your child
- High quality and sturdy build
- Reasonable price
- Multiple recline positions
- Simple and adjustable harness system
- Heavy and bulky
- Earned below-average crash test results compared to the competition
12- Graco Turbo Booster Grow High Back Booster – Top Choice Graco Booster
The Graco TurboBooster can easily be converted from a high back booster to a backless and is intended for kids 40-110 pounds.
The 9-position adjustable headrest is comfortably padded, as are the side wings, and the open loop belt guides, cup holder, and retractable storage compartment are all convenient for parents of older kids.
The TurboBooster has been crash-tested to meet or exceed U.S. safety standards. It also features the innovative LATCH system that has a tether in the back connected to an easy-to-use front adjustment strap. A latched booster seat is significantly safer than one where your child is simply buckled in. Even better, it's very easy to unlatch for switching between vehicles.
My top booster seat recommendation for kids is the Graco Turbo Booster Grow High Back Booster. It’s easy to carry, ultra-safe and has a removable trainer.
And don’t be surprised when your kids beg to ride in the car because it gives them the freedom and comfort they crave. Kids can easily buckle it themselves, but do a safety check yourself to be sure. Once all set in the seat belt, it’s easy to adjust the seven-position headrest with a single button.
It has both high-back and backless modes to adjust to different heights. And once they outgrow both of those, it even has a RightGuide Portable Seat Belt Trainer to help them learn proper seat belt placement.
One thing that makes it a little tricky is that it only attaches with the car Latch system, and some models (especially trucks) don’t have a latch at the third row, so you can only use it in the second row.
- 3 booster modes for children 40-120 lbs
- Has seat belt trainer to teach proper seat belt placement
- Extremely portable
- Kids can buckle themselves in without help
- Only attaches with car Latch system
- The seat is not padded
13- Graco Affix Backless Booster – Our Top Choice Backless
- BOOSTER CAR SEAT FOR 40 LBS AND UP – GoFit Plus is designed for children who are at least 4 years...
- GRAB & GO CONVENIENCE — The GoFit Plus backless booster is equipped with LATCH to help stabilize...
- CONTOURED SEAT — The ErgoBoost contoured seat with double foam padding provides support in all the...
If your child is ready to graduate from a five-point harness car seat to a booster seat, the Graco Affix Backless Booster is an excellent choice.
This particular Graco booster seat comes in two models; the non-plus model doesn’t attach with any Latch or tether straps; instead, it just sits on the seat. The kids sit on it and buckle themselves into the seat belt.
This makes buckling them easy daily, especially if you have a smaller car. The “Plus” model has latches to fix it to the vehicle seat.
You’ll also appreciate built-in carry handles, removable covers, machine-washable fabrics, and double-foam padding that provide an extra comfort layer.
Graco is known for its reliable safety ratings and crash tests—this seat is no exception. It meets or exceeds US standards and has an added layer of protection with Graco’s ProtectPlus engineering.
- Easy to install even in smaller cars without the LATCH system
- Kids can buckle themselves in without help
- Passes rigorous crash tests for added safety
- Built-in carry handle for portability
- Machine-washable fabrics and dishwasher-safe cup holders for easy cleaning
- Only suitable if your kid is near 70 pounds and up
14- Graco TurboBooster LX Backless Booster – Best Price Booster
This backless booster seat is an all-around great pick. Parents can easily install it in even the smallest cars! That helps make daily buckling super straightforward. Kids will be able to buckle themselves without needing help.
Graco Affix Booster was crash tested to meet or exceed US standards. Furthermore, this booster with Latch System has been side-impact tested.
Another efficient option is to train the kids soon graduating to the vehicle seat belt. What makes Graco TurboBooster special is its simplicity; kids don’t want to be strapped in tons of cushioning and extra fabric at this age. It has a sleek design and looks right at home in your car.
The intuitive features like a cup holder and hidden storage slot are perfect; my 9-year-old boy likes to keep coins and headphones in there. And I don’t have to worry about it getting lost or dropping on the floorboard like before.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Intuitive extras like a cup holder and hidden slot
- Machine washable seat cover
- LATCH system for secure connection
- You have to install the cup-holder separately
Graco Car Seats Comparisons
|Orientation||Min. weight||Max. weight||Max. height||Recline positions||Harness type||Harness Storage||Machine-washable cushion|
|Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 LX Infant Car Seat||Rear Facing||4 Pounds||35 Pounds||32 Inches||4||5-Point||✔||❌|
|Graco SnugRide SnugLock Extend2Fit 35 Infant Car Seat||Rear Facing||4 Pounds||35 Pounds||32 Inches||4||5-Point||✔||❌|
|Graco SnugRide SnugLock 35 Elite Infant Car Seat||Rear Facing||4 Pounds||35 Pounds||32 Inches||4||5-Point||✔||❌|
|Graco SnugRide 35 Lite LX Infant Car Seat, Studio||Rear Facing||4 Pounds||35 Pounds||32 Inches||4||5-Point||❌||❌|
|Graco Extend2Fit Convertible||Rear & Forward Facing||4 Pounds||65 Pounds||49 Inches||6||5-Point||✔||✔|
|Graco Milestone 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat||5 Pounds||100 Pounds||57 Inches||4||5-Point||✔||✔|
|Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat||Rear, Forward, & Booster||4 Pounds||120 Pounds||57 Inches||6||5-Point||❌||✔|
|Graco SlimFit All-in-One||Rear, Forward & Booster||4 Pounds||100 Pounds||57 Inches||4||5-Point||❌||✔|
|Graco 4Ever DLX 4-in-1 Car Seat||Rear, Forward & Booster||4 Pounds||120 Pounds||57 Inches||4||5-Point||✔||✔|
|Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat||Rear & Forward Facing||4 Pounds||65 Pounds||49 Inches||8||5-Point||❌||✔|
|Graco Nautilus 65 3-in-1 Harness Booster||Forward & Booster||22 Pounds||100 Pounds||57 Inches||3||5-Point||✔||✔|
|Graco Turbo Booster Grow High Back Booster||3-Mode Booster only||40 Pounds||120 Pounds||60 Inches||7||3-Point||✔||✔|
|Graco Affix Backless Booster||Backless Booster||40 Pounds||110 Pounds||57 Inches||N/A||3-Point||✔||✔|
|Graco TurboBooster LX Backless Booster||Backless Booster||40 Pounds||100 Pounds||57 Inches||N/A||3-Point||✔||✔|
|Graco TurboBooster LX High Back Car Seat||Backless & High Back Booster||41 Pounds||100 Pounds||57 Inches||6||3-Point||✔||✔|
Now that you know about the 15 best Graco car seats of 2023, let me give you a few tips on choosing one for your baby.
Choose the right car seat
The first step is to decide what car seat you need for your baby. If you’re looking for a car seat for a newborn, you should opt for an infant car seat. For older babies, convertibles and combination seats offer more flexibility and safety. Check each seat’s weight and height limit from the product specifications to ensure you pick one suitable for your baby.
Check for safety features
The main purpose of a car seat is to keep your child safe. So, always look for safety features like adjustable headrests, side-impact protection, and energy-absorbing foam that offer superior cushioning. Some car seats also have reinforced steel frames to provide extra protection. The more safety features a car seat has, the better it is for your child.
If you are unsure what to look at, you could also seek the advice of a child passenger safety technician using a tool provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Read customer reviews
Reading customer reviews is a great way to understand how well a car seat works in real life. Check out reviews on Amazon, Walmart, Target, and other online stores to see what customers say about the car seat.
Consider your budget
Car seats can get expensive, so set a budget before shopping for one. Many affordable car seats offer great value for money, so don’t feel pressured to buy the most expensive one. Pick a car seat that is within your budget and offers all the necessary features.
Ease of Maintenance
Your kid’s car seat will get messy quickly, so you want one with removable and washable covers or at least one that is easy to wipe down and clean. Almost 80% of the Graco car seats on this list have removable covers, but if you prefer some other, look for one with easy-to-clean fabric.
Graco has been making car seats for decades, and its long-standing reputation for quality and safety speaks for itself. All the car seats on this list have superior safety features and customer reviews to ensure your baby is in good hands.
The Graco Extend2Fit 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is my top pick from this list. It has features like an adjustable headrest, a 6-position reclining angle, and extended legroom that make it perfect for growing babies.
Several other Graco car seats on this list offer great value for money with features like removable covers, easy-to-install design, and superior safety. So if you’re looking for a high-quality and safe car seat for your baby, any of these options will make a great choice. Or check out our review of the Evenflo car seats for more options.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the LATCH system?
The Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system is a car seat installation system that uses lower anchors and tethers to secure a car seat tightly in place. LATCH was created to make it easier for parents and caregivers to properly install car seats in their vehicles. It has been a federal requirement for all new vehicles since 2002.
What is side impact protection? Is it a Federal requirement?
Side Impact Protection (SIP) is a safety feature that helps protect your child when a vehicle is hit from the side. It diffuses the impact energy and supports the Latch system so the kid remains safe.
It includes deep head and torso bolsters that help absorb energy and protect from the impact of a crash. SIP is not a federal requirement, but car seat manufacturers recommend it to provide additional safety.
Are Graco Seats FAA approved?
All Graco car seats, except the booster seats, are FAA approved. Since airplanes do not have a shoulder belt system, you can use convertible and infant car seats on the plane but not booster seats, so FAA approval is not required.
Can a Graco car seat fit into any stroller? Or do I need a specific one?
Most Graco infant car seats fit into almost all Graco strollers, and you don’t need a specific one. However, check the compatibility if you use a different stroller brand for your car seat.
How do I clean a Graco car seat?
To clean a Graco car seat, remove the cover, shake off crumbs and dirt, and spot clean using a mild detergent. If the fabric is machine-washable, then put it in a gentle cycle. The cover is not dryer machine safe, so air dries it instead.
Use a damp cloth and soapy water to clean the metal and plastic parts. Avoid harsh detergents or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the seat.